1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Twitch Prime users to lose advert-free streaming benefit

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 21 Aug 2018.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I think I saw the box of it in the smelly section in the back once. Not my cup of tea, judging from the pictures on the back...

2. Intron

Intron What's a Dremel?

I feel it was inevitable that Prime would loose this benefit. The fact that amazon vowed to increase revenue from Advertising means that we have to see a spike in advertising and a fast way for them was always to decouple Turbo from Prime.

I dont mind watching adverts on content be it streams or youtube i am not crazy to think they can make content for free... My only gripe is when you hop channels and you get the same advert over and over again... or Youtube gives you a 23 minuet advert for a 10 minuet video .... nope not watching that!

Why watch a stream though... well its a social thing. i tend to have streams on when i am going about other things such as working on the PC or cooking. its sort of like having a TV show on or music just with a bit of social thrown in.

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Even without amazon vowing to increase it it was inevitable.

Simply put, the percentage of twitch users who see the ads has inevitably dropped like a rock after amazon removed ads for prime subscribers and it doesn't take a genius that advertisers where foaming at the mouth mad...

Tags: Add Tags