1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coolant or no coolant additives etc? For my Mahogany Desk

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Huskybongs, 19 May 2018.

1. Huskybongs

Huskybongs Minimodder

Hi,

I'm building a pretty neat desk as of now and I've never been a fan of coolant always ran pure distilled water and it has worked for years and years.

Allthough I figured I could give it a go. What's the best coolant there is and what kind of life expectancy can I get? I wanna go for a deep blue or a clear white. Do I need some separate adhesives etc?

System in question. Appriciating any input

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

If you go for premixed solutions, they typically have all of the additives required to keep the system free of growth.

3. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I'd only consider Mayhem's for dyes.

4. Huskybongs

Huskybongs Minimodder

Are premixed solutions better in general than a concentrate?

5. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

In over 10+ years of watercooling, I have only ever used water that I make myself without adding any dyes. Few drops of biocide and had no problems whatsoever.

I bought a second reservoir a few weeks back as I am adding a second loop. It was second hand and had been used with a blue liquid.

Took me 3 days to clean it out with cotton buds and cocktail sticks. Good as new now though.

Seen some rather nasty clogged up cpu and gpu blocks over the years with dyes.

I am not trying to put you off as its each to their own but just get a good brand if you are going to use colours in your loop.

6. pre

pre Minimodder

Mayhem X1 clear. Cleaning out a colored dye is literally not worth it if you wish to reuse components down the road.

7. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Was thinking this myself but I've decided to use distilled with biocide and a silver coil in the res.