1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews MSI MEG X399 Creation Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 28 Aug 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

All-core overclocks don't make much sense for most people on TR, if you ask me.

Still an impressive piece of hardware and it does good things by giving Intel lots to think about. And maybe these performance numbers will make the blue guys pull another water-chiller move for publicity. God, that was fun.

3. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

It looks like a scruffy bird had died on it. Probably went through a jet engine.

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I do like that M2 addin, I have used all 3 of my on board m2 slots on my x399 carbon and use single m2 pci-e addon right now but when I add more disk space I'll be looking at that card to give me more growth, though I would make it single slot.

Been pretty happy with my carbon TR AC board, machine has been rock solid, not sure theres enough on ryzen 2 for me to splash out.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Yeah for those already on Ripper everything else looks like not offering much, for everyone else though... the 2950x especially when oc'd looks very sexy indeed and what the mainstream chips do next year won't matter too much to Ripper owners either due to the pci-e lane difference.
    Meanwhile going above 16 core Ripper doesn't make sense due to scaling issues and in the blue camp waiting for the new Intel Ultra-HEDT (or whatever they end up calling it) is pointless as it will be a faster way to get rid of money than setting it on fire.

...and I just talked myself into "needing" a 2950x:rolleyes:

6. perplekks45

That might finally put an actual load on your PSU. The current system doesn't even reach 50%, I'd wager.

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

The poor thing will only be on holiday for 50 weeks of the year instead of 51:p
    Jokes aside, not needing a new one is a good thing considering RAM prices...

8. perplekks45

Aren't they slowly coming down a bit?

9. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

A bit yes but still far above what they used to be. Plus AMD being picky about compatibility and me being picky about looks does narrow down the options.
    (yes I know, this is first world problems extreme edition):rollingeyes:

Tags: Add Tags