1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Email/Domain Hosting

Discussion in 'Software' started by Risky, 21 Aug 2018.

1. Risky

Risky Modder

I have my personal domain on 1and1 on a legacy package (domain mail plus) for £8.39 pa for hosting and three mailboxes of 2GB.

This is great but I need more space and 1and1 is a lot more now. What's good value? I don't use and webspace, just want a few mailboxes (at least 5) for IMAP access.

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Office 365 or gsuite for email?

3. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I use tsohost.co.uk for 5.99 a month on the cpanel hosting. 10GB storage all of which can be given to mailboxes. Six domains. 25 accounts. Haven't gone down for me ever.

4. Risky

Risky Modder

I suppose I do have a Office 365 subscription, but that's linked to the hotmail account already.

5. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

He most likely means the business office 365 subscriptions most likely exchange online plan 1 (cheapest for just hosted email)

Last edited: 25 Aug 2018
  6. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

For the incoming mail do we have to configure our domain? i can send mail but not receive it lol

7. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Do you already own the domain or did you just buy a brand new package with them with included domain? You gotta raise a support ticket to get them to register the free one.

8. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Already own the domain which is directed to my website

9. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I found TSO's email hosting to be a bit flaky... fallen foul of the bad neighbour effect too [where someone else on the server you share is a spambot so GMail/Hotmail's reject everything you send] several times.

Office 365 and Google for Business or whatever it's called this week are solid, but it can get very pricey very quickly.

...just don;t use either for your account login for [personal] windows/xbox or android/google play/youtube accounts respectively, know a few people who did and had no end of grief as a result.

Last edited: 3 Sep 2018
  10. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

If you're a techie bloke, nothing is "safer" than running your own VPS on an hosting company. That is, it's as safe as you make it.