1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fill Port location Crossflow Rad

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Tincan01, 5 Sep 2018.

1. Tincan01

Tincan01 What's a Dremel?

computer case.jpg
    Hi Everyone,
    Looking for a little information. I am currently designing a new case for a new build. I was wondering if i used crossflow rads would i be able to use the yellow port as a fill port? The red ports would be inlets and blue ports are the outlets, Purple ports being blanked off. Loop order for this section would be CPU---Left Rad---Right Rad---Res. Very early design stage.

Thanks for any help

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Is that going to be the highest point? You could maybe use it to top up the loop, but to fill it you need to be going direct to the res so the pump can push it round.

3. Tincan01

Tincan01 What's a Dremel?

Yes this is the highest point in the loop. The object to the right of the Motherboard is the top of the Res. Pump is situated at the lowest point in the loop. I could perhaps fit a Tee piece in at the Res an use that to fill. i was just hoping to keep things as simple as possible.

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Is the res part of some sort of distro plate? You could put a fill port in the back of it?

5. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

It should be fine, but you’ll need to ensure that the pump gets sufficient fluid, and that you never run it dry. It won’t be an issue, as the fluid will naturally gravitate to the bottom, but make sure you have enough liquid available to it.

Impatience likes this.
  6. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

What TMDD said pretty much! As long as the fluid goes down through the rad, into the res, and then down to the pump without an issue.. Then your plan will work. Maybe try running water through the radiator in the orientation you’re thinking of to double check before you commit to a loop plan?