1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows System logs/sleepinstalling error

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by ModSquid, 24 Sep 2018.

1. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Afternoon all.

Think this should be a quick issue to resolve. Was a bit tired the other night whilst installing some software (on Win 7), had a few windows open at the same time and managed to fall half asleep whilst clicking the OK button on a couple of the install screens (don't ask. I have also been known to fall asleep mid-conversation whilst standing up, so this isn't really a stretch).

Since I couldn't then remember what I had open or what I clicked on, I'm hoping there's a log somewhere that will tell me what I did, presumably based on timestamp. I looked in the system logs, but couldn't see anything obvious.

If anyone has an idea where I can look for this info, advice would be much appreciated!

Once I've sorted this I think I'll go for a nap...

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Event viewer might be your best bet.

I know W10 has reliability history which will show you stuff like this [see attached image], but iirc that wasn't added until Windows 8.x.

EDIT:

Event viewer, IDs 1033/11707 for installs, 1034/11724 for uninstalls

Attached Files:

3. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

There is always the old fashioned (and painful) way of sorting the program files, program files (x86) and appdata directories by time/date to see what changed in the period you were installing.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I think the add/remove programs list can be sorted by install date too.