1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Battlefield V

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mr Happy, 24 May 2018.

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

The thing that really p***** me off, is the fact I have no decent BF game to play now from EA for another year (at best). This BF game is not getting my money. And I am sure that the upcoming COD is being plugged from some of the more popular Twitch streamers to make it sound good.

Looks like the free game Fortnite will keep me going

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I think the reality of EA is that it's releases are vectors for mobile game like stores and they are built and balanced around that. BF3 was the last EA game I truly loved to play, BF4 had too much grind and RNG around the weapon mechanics (also the first BF with lootboxes, which is no doubt related to the grind and RNG) but it was still a game I played a lot once it was somewhat fixed. BF1 I never enjoyed, BF5 doesn't look worth playing.

See also, Mass Effect 3, Andromeda, Sim City, Need For Speed, Battlefront and so on and so forth. Short of a total financial collapse of EA I don't see that changing now, it's rather sad that the prospect of a game + season pass pricing is one I would look forwards to if it were announced today.

Mr Happy likes this.
  3. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

EA still has FIFA, Madden, NBA, etc. They'll be long around still.

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

They are selling BF1 for £5 on Origin, so I bought it. For £5 I got the game + all its contents.

Also BF4 premium is free to claim.

Good enough for me for my multiplayer FPS needs, if I ever have time to play.

5. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

If/when they release BFBC3, then I'll be interested as long as its not in a historic or futuristic setting. Bad Company 2 servers are still available and actually quite busy!

BFBC2 was my favourite Battlefield to date. The maps were absolutely perfect, the weapons felt great and spread patterns were learn-able, vehicle combat was challenging yet rewarding. Dice need to go back to their roots with the next one and just make a great shooter again.

wyx087 and Mr Happy like this.
  6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I tried BC2 again a few times and every server i went on to, it was just bush wookies with slug-shotguns everywhere.... Couldn't take more than 10 steps and then *BLAM* instant death. :/

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well break out the M95 with magnum ammunition and start plugging them from across the map, the salt is corrosive.

8. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Sniping was a bit of an issue in BC2, I'll agree - but that's because it was so incredibly satisfying. They got the bullet drop and feel so close to perfect. Seeing someone's helmet fly off from half way across the map when you've aimed three full targets height above their head is so bloody rewarding. Victim of it's own success really.

If a map is full of BWs, I'll just go medic and rush them with an SMG and some HE. Free points.

9. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I was a massive fan of the AN-94 with the 40mm shotgun attachment. Great for room clearing!

I struggled with BFV, I don't know if I'm just getting old or what, but I just could not get my rhythm going at all.

10. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

After reading these last few replies yesterday, I re-installed BFBC2 last night. Talked a couple of friends into doing the same and we played for about 3 hours.
    I'd forgotten just how good it was. I didn't care that the maps didn't look as attractive, the gameplay was fantastic. It was frustrating at first, but after a while we got back into it and had a blast. We enjoyed it that much, we will be back on tonight and I can see us playing this far more often now.

I've bought every BF itteration so far, but Dice will not be getting any money off me for the crap that is BFV, even if it was free I doubt I would play it.

Sentinel-R1 and [ZiiP] NaloaC like this.
  11. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

When the past becomes the future.... Only Dice could achieve that.

12. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I got back into BF4, still plenty of people playing it. Honestly had plenty of fun. :)

13. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Installed BC2 again, OMG!

It's wonderful! None of this Michael Bay 100 mph sprinting for maximum damage, the sprint feels broken (by comparison) but its a good thing, it means you have to slow down your play........ It's what BF should be!

I compel all of you to ditch BF3/4/1/5, this is the true heir to the BF2 crown! :thumb:

14. Intron

Intron What's a Dremel?

I actually really enjoyed BFV lol .... i guess i am odd. I agree Attrition needs heavy tweaking but i can see what they are trying to push for which is tighter squad play... and when it work my god it was good. Working as a tight squad the game really came alive... but it was only if you really had that squad team to support your game. I felt forcing the squad play with attrition is the wrong move though and hurts a lot of solo players.

Overall i didn't experience as many issues as others with the visibility of players which is a bonus.

Also the bugs in the net code that meant once you started to get shot it was almost certain you were dead have been fixed. But we don't know how that is going to change TTD or the experience of playing until release.

Am i as excited about previous BF titles ... no but will i still be playing it yes... because i enjoy the whole Battlefield Concept too much to not join in. Ultimately the faults i found with it are mostly balancing issues that can be adjusted.

15. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I kinda wish they wouldn't push the whole squad play hard, because if you aren't playing with mates squad play really isn't going to work as intended with a bunch of strangers, yeh sometimes you get lucky and you end up in a decent squad but its pretty rare in my experience and when you do manage to get a decent squad if you aren't doing exactly what the leader thinks you should be doin or using the right kit you get booted anyways.

The little I played the alphas and the beta I noticed the poor visibility of players, I swear they have been getting harder and harder to see as we progressed through the BF releases.

16. ADJ93

ADJ93 What's a Dremel?

I want it!

17. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Well I took the plunge and got me BFV via Origin Premier as I was already an Origin Basic subscriber. Installed a fresh SSD to get ready with the pre-load. Have been playing some BF4 with my bruv these past few nights and we're having an absolute blast with the EOD bot vs snipers etc... quite literally pissing myself with laughter. Bring on the mayhem of BFV, can't bloody wait!

18. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I'm currently using my 10 hour trial on BFV and initial impressions are good! There's a couple of balance issues but nothing serious. It's come a long way since the alpha and beta rounds. Random bullet deviation has been removed from the engine so you can actually learn the weapon spread patterns once more. Great news.

Of note, sniping is INCREDIBLY satisfying again, akin to BC2. Predictable bullet drop and zero-able scope for the long-range warriors. Vehicle combat seems pretty good too. Early tank play feels well balanced and with two good gunners, you can wreak havoc.

Most importantly, team play is extremely rewarding points-wise, so there's massive benefit squad spawning, playing the objectives and resupplying/healing teammates.

Still got 7 hours left of my trial to decide if I get suckered into this one....

wyx087 and Mr Happy like this.
  19. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Just decided to get Origin Premier for the year, finally gave into the temptation.

Just played a bit of conquest, I seem to be pressing left mouse button more for help than I am shooting. :clap:medic:rollingeyes:. I suck lol but aye ho its fun.

Last edited: 17 Nov 2018
  20. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Apparently (i haven't seen it in person, only on YT - even Premium, with a 30-odd gig D/L on the PS4 would not be able to net me the game before physical release on the 20th - thanks, 3rd world 4meg connection), the JU-88 when maxed out is broken. 32x50kg +1x1000kg means it can bomb a control point to bits in one run.
    But I am sure there's a bunch of tweaks coming in soon.