1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 2018 thread - Season Over

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 26 Nov 2017.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I would agree there.

3. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Couldn't look at the website, had one of those privacy things that sends you through massive loops trying to turn everything off so I couldn't be arsed :(, I thought everything was supposed to be opt in not opt out.

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

RoGro and K-Mag confirmed at Haas for next year.

On the one hand that isn't a surprise, K-Mag's been great this year and the team clearly like RoGro. On the other hand the Swiss French torpedo has been off form this year so I'm surprised they didn't got for someone else.

Last edited: 28 Sep 2018
  6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Does that just leave Williams and Not Force India as having not confirmed their lineups?

7. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Haas is very loyal to its drivers. I guess the lost art of building relationships and trust gets more out of drivers.
    I guess Haas is the anti Red Bull in that regard

From memory FI hasn't confirmed their drivers either. It's a bit more certain based on the fact Perez isn't looking and Lance's dad is owner

8. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Ferrari international assistance come to the rescue for vettel? That braking manoeuvre was dodgy as hell and no penalty.

The whole switcheroo was a little annoying too and even Lewis felt awkward about it.

I wish they would just let them race.

...oh and what is it with Perez thinking he's better than ocon and always asking him to move, he's taken him out multiple times and I don't rate him at all, they switched them in the race and he did nothing. It's disrespectful to ocon oc my eyes.

Last edited: 30 Sep 2018
  9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I think Merc have Malaysia 2016 and Austria this year in the front of their minds, it would only take a couple of bits of bad luck and Seb is back on Lewis' tail again. In 2016 it made no difference to anyone but Lewis, this year it would be a disaster to lose to Ferrari.

I feel bad for Valtteri, he drove excellently but ultimately Merc are being stereotypically Pirahna Club about their racing, taking the most efficient result over all other factors.

Also, agree completely about Seb's penalty dodging, another suicide dive like he pulled in Singapore last year, except this time the other car could see him properly.

Last edited: 30 Sep 2018
  10. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

It was not punished because he was not changing lanes twice. He went to right, stopped a while and further right. That doesn't count as changing lane - that would be going right, then left. There was no basis for the penalty in the rules.

11. RedFlames

Also Hamilton got past Vettel later in the lap... Had Hamilton not I think Vettel might've got a penalty.

That said, the cynic in me thinks had Hamilton done that to Vettel he'd have been penalised.

12. rollo

rollo Modder

The switch was nothing we have not saw before

Schumacher era comes to mind.

Current Ferrari and merc

Did not think a great deal of it

Vettel escapes somehow a penalty was more interesting

13. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

You were watching something different to me as there wasn't even time for a pause.

Yup happened many times before still don't the think it's racing it's just business.

14. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

i think if Vettel had made contact with Lewis, or if backing off ment lewis fell behind and stayed behind they would of looked at it more harshly
    but lewis made the move a few turns later, so i think they didnt really give it too much thought

Ferrari making a dummy pitstop to force hamilton to drive around them was also somewhat bit dirty i thought, Merc did the same a race or so ago, but then their plan was always to do the opposite of Ferrari

Stellar drive from Max today, he was something like +10 / +11 places in half as many laps

Unfortunatly the race will always be marred by that one strategic choice...
    i do hope in a future race ( when the championship is more secure ) Hamilton hands Bottas a win

15. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Too be fair by the time they switched places Ocon had failed to get past the Haas for half the race.
    But yep, Perez whining on the radio is as annoying as the whining on the radio from Queen Stampyfeet.

16. javaman

17. RedFlames

Isn't that par for the course?... New boss of Ferrari [the company] = new boss of Ferrari [the F1 team]

18. javaman

19. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

So, Ferrari removed/dialed back whatever widget they employed to gain an advantage as soon as the second engine sensor was fitted.

Yeah, totally not cheating then? Good to know. :eyebrow:

20. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

You can do anything when you have a get out of jail free card so why not :(