1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases The waiting game (subjective alert)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sentinel-R1, 9 Oct 2018.

1. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Is it just me that waits for the various shows each year for the perfect case to be released and find yourself waiting for the next round of releases because they just weren't what you wanted/expected?

I'm searching for a case that I can keep for a long time. I'm currently using the NZXT S340 Elite and whilst it's a good little case with a fairly compact footprint, it's a bit full! The PSU shroud is like a snakes wedding under there with all the spare cables shoved in just so the rear panel will close. I've run out of HDD & SSD mounts and the graphics card is just about touching the front mounted AIO.

I've previously had a Corsair Carbide Air 540, an NZXT Phantom 820 and before that a Corsair 700D. All great cases in their own right but not perfect enough to make me hang on to them and reuse.

My absolute ideal case would be airflow orientated, black exterior, white interior (to reflect the RGB better) and on the slightly roomier side, PSU shroud preferred and can take or leave tempered glass but it's a nice to have. I just can't find anything even close to those requirements.

Anyone else experience this?

2. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Define R6?

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I think black exterior with white interior in a GOOD case might be a push. Seen it in a few crappy ones, betfenix especially like to mix colours a lot.

I would say the Lian Li PC-011 Air is one of the best cases I've seen in a while. More air flow than an F1 wind tunnel, split section for the PSU but behind the Mobo tray which I think is a more elegant solution than clunky PSU shrouds and gives you a lot of room in the main cavity and plenty of places for drives.

4. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

R6 is a great case but nothing innovative and also no black and white option, only black with white pci covers.

Likewise for the PC011, but the case itself is fantastic, despite its lack of 140mm support everywhere except front.

5. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Corsair 900d and some white paint!

6. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Stevie Wonder could create a better finish than me, mate. There's no way I'm taking a tin of paint to a £400 case... or any case over £50 for that matter. It'd look like a dog's dinner.

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Pay someone to do it for you?

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Could try vinyl?

9. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Vinyl wrap might not be a bad call to be fair. It's pretty pliable and you can tighten it up with a hairdryer. Good shout!

Still, I'd rather have it like that from the factory. I can't be the only one who wants a black case with tinted glass so it blends in when switched off and a fully white interior for when it's lit up surely?

10. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Maybe... But are there enough of you to justify a case maker making them?

...Shirley. ;)

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  11. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Even if case manufacturers started doing something like NZXT's BLD service, whereby you could order the case configured in colour and/or spec from a pre-determined range of options, I'd pay the premium for that.