1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel introduces 9th Gen Intel Core desktop processors

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 8 Oct 2018.

1. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Two DIMM slots? Did I blink and miss two? Are they hiding under the MOSFET shroud?

...oh, I guess it's an "only aiming for world records" board.

...Pass.

And the prices are ridiculous. PC parts ain't cheap in Japan, but a 2700X is about 37,000JPY if you shop around a little. These chips'll be more than double that, easy.

2. IamSoulRider

IamSoulRider Minimodder

That is the RCP pricing.

Price per unit when buying a tray of 1,000 units.

3. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

9900X RCP pricing isn't live on Ark yet, and no retailer would be selling at RCP.

4. silk186

silk186 Derp

This makes me feel better about my recent upgrade!

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Actually, there might be an (optional?) cooler for the board? The EVGA X299 DARK has these heatsinks with two fans for the VRM part, chokes and MOSFETs to be exact:

[​IMG]

6. Cinderz

Cinderz What's a Dremel?

Intel are idiots. Is an extra 2 cores really going to give me better performance in games over my 8600k? not particularly.

7. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

That's not really Intel being idiots. If anything that's the consumer.

edzieba, adidan, yuusou and 2 others like this.
  8. zulboy45

zulboy45 What's a Dremel?

saw the 5ghz suffer event with custom 360mm loop

9. silk186

silk186 Derp

It has two DIMMs on each side of the CPU like the 6 DIMM boards from years ago.

10. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

No 9900k review thread?

11. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

/tinfoil hat on
    Because they know other reviews of it provide better lets laugh at Intel material, like for example the tpu one which doesn't shy away from showing in cold hard numbers just how little the CPU matters in gaming, the Pentium G5600 delivers 93.4% of i9-9900K performance at 4K for example.

/tinfoil hat off
    Just an honest mistake

12. The_Crapman

Yeh I'm sure it's just a mistake. Was bored and wanted to see the balanced debate contained wherein :worried:

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

That's weird: there is a thread, but the CMS never moved it out of "Article Staging" (a hidden sub-forum where discussion threads are created before being automatically moved into Article Discussion once the article has gone live). I've moved it manual-style.

@MLyons, you might want to give the CMS a kick and find out why the thread sat in Staging for three days...

14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It was due to a scheduling mix up due to people being on holiday and me messing something up in the CMS. 100% user error.

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I dunno, we never had these problems back when we used to create the discussion threads manually... (Just other problems, like having to actually stay up until 00:01 for an embargoed piece, or all the times the doorbell went between me hitting 'publish' and creating the thread resulting in me forgetting to actually create said thread...)

16. MLyons

It was due to the article being left in draft not ready to publish then me changing the time to before the current time.

17. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Looking only at average FPS? Sure, everything is much of a muchness. If you're interested in VR - or in performance consistency, i.e. minimising 'judder' - average framerate mean SFA and the markedly lower frametimes are a lot more interesting.

18. The_Crapman

I think you'll find that juddering is caused by something completely different

19. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

The person who posted before me was asking about the whereabouts of a forum thread, which I took as an excuse to make a stupid joke about why the thread didn't exist, hence the whole /tinfoil hat on and /tinfoil hat off bits.

Tags: Add Tags