1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete Project code name - Time.Sync. End name The Hellcat.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Vault-Tec, 9 Sep 2018.

1. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

LOL @ dalmation! Man i gotta say i just love looking round your rooms at all your stuff..... it's everywhere! The mod just seems to go around the house from room to room :D

Those sneakers! that yellow thing! a red microwave!!!! i wanna try ketchup!!!

Go acrylic man i hate vinyl on case mods :D

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I'm desperately trying to avoid vinyl tbh. I've used it on all of my other builds.. The yellow thing is my subwoofer man. And yeah, it's everywhere. Seriously this case is in so many parts that I don't think about it too much because it literally frightens me.

I have rellies coming around to pick up something for their kid for Christmas (donated one of my bikes) so I had to do all the housework today. I am exhausted lol.

So last night after wrapping a lot of the case wiring in cloth tape (simply awesome stuff) I started thinking about the wiring. I realised that there was going to be a lot. More than any build I have done.

So I added more. Yes, this is an act of masochism.

[​IMG]

I looked at all of those and they are all similar. Only most are 5v (useless to me) and the other half are Phanteks with bogus connectors you have to pay £4 each to convert. Yeah, nah.

So I got four of those (one single @ £7.99 and a triple pack for £18.99) and then of course I am going to need another one of these, not goosed (like the RAM one).

[​IMG]

Which was £8.99. However, I scored the fans really cheap (£5 each) and this is subtle and can be put on any fan which I prefer the idea of.

Defyant Mods likes this.
  3. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

Keen to see how those LED fan rings work ! i cant believe i used to make those years ago.... is there nothing these @ss Holes havn't stolen off me :grr:

I was looking thru my PB for the first time in years and just realised i was the first to make RGB mouse mats! FFS.....

4. Vault-Tec

I got the four halos yesterday. Sadly one of them doesn't work properly. Three are fine, though. I have ordered another three pack and will have a couple spare.

Am going to take a break from it for a few days now. It gets to the point where it gets a bit much. Has been a good week though :)

Defyant Mods likes this.
  5. Vault-Tec

Bit more done. When the pump arrived it was 12v molex and a blue signal cable. So I wired it into a 3 pin connector, braided it etc. The yellow is deliberate. It is so I know which one is the pump and where it is. This is important, because you can stop fans for ages but as soon as that pump stops your hardware hits 106c.

[​IMG]

I've left the halos running all day cycling to make sure they are OK. One of the four was messed up so I have returned it and ordered three more. Overkill? yes probably but insurance. These are £18 for three, NZXT etc are £20+ for one. So I figured sod it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When lit up the fan blade textures look great. I will need to have some parts made for the rad holder (nothing is final it's all just plopped on).

kim likes this.
  6. Vault-Tec

One thing that has been bothering me ever since I started the build is the fact that when you vertical mount a GPU the power cables are sent skyward. So instead of bending them sideways to make it out of the management hole I decided to get one of these.

[​IMG]

For a mere £6, brand new. It will allow the cables to go straight out of the case.

I am also going to mod it with a splash of grey I think.

In other news I am going to need to have some custom parts fabricated in order to get the fan res mount on over the halos. Have spoken to a friend, should be doable :) I will also need some custom length bolts made up too, as there aren't any around that would be long enough.

7. zulboy45

zulboy45 What's a Dremel?

u got end sketch for this project?

8. Vault-Tec

Nope. I suck at drawing lol.

Defyant Mods likes this.
  9. zulboy45

zulboy45 What's a Dremel?

lol. pretty good brain though. you can translate it directly to hand without sketch. haha

10. Vault-Tec

It's much more fun too tbh. If you design it first it's just cutting, sanding and building. If you just do it with a rough picture in your head you are not following instructions, so crap ideas can be binned off.

11. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

looking good! I'd love to mod one of these alienware cases....someday

Vault-Tec likes this.
  12. Vault-Tec

Finding one in good condition is so hard. They are so heavy and skinned in 1mm alu so finding one without a dent is close to impossible. I found one on Ebay the other night. Thought "wow, that is immaculate !" then noticed a great big dent lol.

The new ones are 100% steel and plastic. Nowhere near the quality of this one. I think that's why I've had it so long now (about 6 years).

13. Vault-Tec

*thinks out loud*.

Decided to order a sheet of this..

[​IMG]

It was something I saw a while ago on Wheeler Dealers. IDK if you watch it, but they basically took a car and did this to it..

[​IMG]

So basically you have a vinyl that in certain lights does nothing at all. It's completely inanimate. Then you add light and you get this...

[​IMG]

I'm sure you get the idea. I have been drawing today so will play with it at some point.

14. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Why would anyone restore a Pacer? They were awful in the 70's too.

15. Vault-Tec

I quite like them :D

Not that one, though. It looks pretty awful. God knows what Edd was thinking.. Still, gave me an idea to play with I suppose :D

16. Vault-Tec

Smoke and mirrors...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 26 Oct 2018
    _Prometheus_ likes this.
  17. Vault-Tec

Why is the forum deleting my tinypic links?

18. Vault-Tec

Bottom is complete, and magnetic dust filter works.

[​IMG]

Wiring is underway..

[​IMG]

And some of the panels are back on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 26 Oct 2018
  19. Vault-Tec

Two hubbys fitted as well as both RGB controllers. However, there is a problem. I can not mount the Farbwerk or Poweradjust and Splitty there. I need to put them in the bottom.

[​IMG]

I've done far more than that, but there is no light now. I found out that the USB slide cover was actually broken, so spent two hours fixing that. I also wrapped every last wire for the case too. Very good progress, actually really enjoying this bit as it's a bit of a challenge. Ordered more SATA runs (Alchemy) and lots of fan extensions etc so I don't get caught short (literally).

More soon :)

20. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

So much cool stuff has happened in short time :rock: I really like the rings! be extra special if they were addresable :) love the pattern i'd like to try that one day back lit on white plex :D