1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Double Energy Referral - Anyone want £100 to switch to Bulb?

Discussion in 'General' started by Wakka, 2 Nov 2018.

1. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Just got an email from my gas & electric supplier to say they are doubling my referral bonus to £100 each (me and whoever I refer) next week.

If anyone is due a switch (or just wants to bag £100), it might be worth looking up prices and see what they quote you - they were by far the cheapest option for me when I was looking.

I couldn't find a general "community referral" thread, but if anyone else has a decent offer going for utilities/services, pop it in!

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I've actually been looking into switching and bulb looked good. I'll let my mum know and see what she says.

Wakka likes this.
  3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Noice! 100% renewable electricity too, so there's an extra incentive over the likes of Npower and SSE!

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Colour me interested as well.

Wakka likes this.
  5. Valo

Valo Minimodder

If you PM me I've been with bulb for past 6 months or so, so can sort you out with a code too

6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

mum is looking into it. Hopefully will be doing it early next week

7. silk186

silk186 Derp

I'll look into it tomorrow.

8. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

No worries chaps - offer goes live on the 7th (Wednesday), so hit me up then and get a couple of months free energy, just at the right time of year!

9. MLyons

So you're saying don't switch until then and when I'm about to post here to get details from you?

10. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

I can PM you my referral code now, but I assume it won't be worth the double bonus until Wednesday. :thumb:

11. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I could well be interested myself, They originally quoted me £56pcm, but after refining my usage, it's now cheaper than my current nPower, w00t.

Sam

12. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

If you factor in £100 worth of account credit, I imagine it'll be pretty hard to beat. :D

When I came to the end of my year with EOn, I just used the annual usage summery numbers they sent me and they wanted to jack it up to £62 a month (from £48) - for a 2-bed bungalow with 2 people living it it who work full time! Bulb wanted £42 PCM, and is currently at £43.85 after a "wholesale energy cost rise", but I am still £37 in credit from the summer anyways.

If you all just PM me when you're ready, i'll ping my code over - as I say, just hold out until Wednesday and I give the go-ahead for the double bubble :thumb:

13. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

That's very kind Wakka, Thank You. I shall send a PM shortly.
    nPower did some crazy things with my tariff, I was fixed price, but it bounced around in the 2 years i had it. It ended in June whilst i was paying £32pcm which was fixed till last month, and it went up to £46 because i refused to sign up to a new tariff. Their justification was i used more gas than the year before (Last winter was MUCH colder than the year before)

Sam

14. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Just be mindful that they only offer (as far as I know) a variable rate plan.

15. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Offer is now live, chaps! So if you did want to just get a quote even, PM and I'll whip you over the link.

Remember, I got a newborn baby coming home today, so any referrals will go straight to keeping him warm /sympathyvote /doitforthebaby :D

16. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Just a heads-up to those that were interested, offer expires at 11:59pm tonight! So PM me today if you want the referral code :thumb:

17. MLyons

:jawdrop: pls can you PM it to me.