1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft's Windows 10 October 2018 Update slides to November

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 1 Nov 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Microsoft's new release strategy seems to be more or less a complete disaster. But this comedy of errors really takes the cake so far. I wonder whether they'll slow the schedule or continue releasing half-tested updates at breakneck pace?

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Probably not, non-enterprise customers have become de facto beta testers.

Since they sacked most (all?) of their QA staff and the OS department was incorporated into Azure and Office 365 insiders and 'normal' customers act as alpha and beta testers.

4. raybies

raybies What's a Dremel?

LOL.
    They're just making slight changes here and there w/ rolling builds, and think bcos it's modular they don't need to test everything... like the calculator which they also broke for unit conversions.
    Just poor project management, poor testing, poor feedback review.

5. Mopsi

Mopsi What's a Dremel?

lets see which functions not working properly after this one.

6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Yeah, it's like some software I test. There are daily code updates in the beta branch, which have nominally been tested internally first. Yeah, right, so why have basic functions broken for the last three days? The GUI loads? Great! I can do... precisely nothing because the bits that actually do the work are messed up. But it's near pointless to report bugs, because the next code push will probably mean it's fixed, but something else isn't quite right.

I'm heavily weighing up the shift back to Win 7 on the rigs that can manage it. I just can't afford the downtime right now.

Tags: Add Tags