1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Also interested in performance of this. I bought a DataVac several years ago and it's still going incredibly strong. I still give a lot of recommendations out for it, but this one you've purchased is roughly half the price so I'd be interested to see how powerful it is.

2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

It looks good Gareth, But the lack of RGB is a deal breaker for most on here surely? :thumb:

Sam

Goatee, Byron C, The_Crapman and 3 others like this.
  3. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Nothing very exciting, a new Tumble Dryer.The old one decided it doesn't want to dry things anymore.

4. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Two super fast DDR4 modules for benchmarking to commence this winter...

GSKILL TridentZ 2x8GB DDR4-4600 C19. Not bad for $225 shipped. ;)

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

's alright. Not the best chardonnay I've ever had, but after this last week 2 bottles went down well.

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Made my annual charity contribution - A ticket for Carfest North 2019.
    (No need for a camping ticket, as I live within 30mins of Bolesworth Castle, and don't need to get bladdered)

Acts already announced include Roger Daltry, The Jacksons, Tony Christie, Jools Holland, Faithless & All Saints.

EDIT:- Add a Oneplus 6T (£25.02/mo plus my existing £7.50/mo "goodybag" @ Giffgaff) for delivery tomorrow to the list, as my Nexus 6p just crapped out!

Last edited: 8 Nov 2018
  7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Hope 42T retainer ring
    [​IMG]

Sunrace 11-42T cassette....
    [​IMG]

Its as big as my hand :grin: an its going on a road bike

8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

11 - 42 :jawdrop: You planning on tackling Alpe d'Huez?

9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

[​IMG]

Installed Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on an old 250 GB HDD that I had around and holy f---- that's slow! Quick buy of a 120 GB SSD and hopefully tomorrow the little machine will fly.

10. legoman

legoman breaker of things

It is on my list hopefully going to France next year to tackle some proper climbs

Galibier
    https://veloviewer.com/segment/1155985/Galibier+via+Télégraphe
    Alpe dHuez
    https://veloviewer.com/segment/4286076/Alpe+d'Huez+-+Tour+de+France
    Mount Ventoux
    https://veloviewer.com/segment/2343734

Theres a couple others some of the guys in the club I'm with fancy, basically plan is train here an do various events an some ever resting things then attack french land next summer.

11. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I bought these for degreasing and re-greasing my air rifle. Reason for purchasing the Swarfega is approximately 50/50 in terms of reputation/hilarious product name.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  12. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

49 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart LED TV Freeview Play
    [​IMG]
    +
    [​IMG]
    =
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 10 Nov 2018
  13. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

That looks a bit high. Do you not like your neck? :winking:

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Last pic missing. Permissions error?

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

@Sentinel-R1, @Vault-Tec

Finally got chance to give that air compressor thing a go. First thing I noticed: it's marked 550W on the body, not the 500W of the product listing. Second thing I noticed: there's a real stink of burning grease when it's on, which I'm hopeful will subside over time.

Third: aye, it does indeed get hot. Cleaned out my tower case, then feathered the switch to dust my actual desktop - which later required a five-minute search to figure out where the hell the Raspberry Pi Camera Module I blew off the desk ended up - and then the server. By the end, the handle was noticeably warm and the air coming out of the nozzle was too. Not to the point where I'd worry about desoldering smaller components, but I certainly wouldn't want to use the thing for more than a minute or two at a time.

Final thing to note: there's a little foam filter at the bottom so it's not just throwing dust at the things from which you're trying to remove dust, which is nice. Had already got pretty coated by the time I'd finished.

Oh, and neither my server nor my desktop appear to have died, so I guess the whole "it's static dissipative, honest" aspect would appear to be true.

EDIT: Oh, couple of other operational notes: the on-switch is momentary, so you need to keep it held down with your thumb, and there's a five-or-ten second delay between releasing the switch and the motor spinning down to the point where it's no longer blowing with any force - so if you're used to the instant-stop of a compressed air can, like I am, don't be surprised if you end up blowing even more stuff off your desktop before you get used to when the thing has actually finished.

IanW, Yaka, Sentinel-R1 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Sounds good I will pick one up soon.

17. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Sounds very similar to the DataVac then, with the exception of the momentary switch (the DataVac has a push toggle switch). From your description, even down to the foam filter and the appliance getting hot, it's extremely similar but half the price!

Yaka likes this.
  18. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

aye that does indeed sound very similar to the datavac

so sent the icon knee pads back to sports bike shop, as i thought over a long ride the strap would dig into my skin and i didnt want to wear them over jeans like icon recommend.
    so sportsbike shop recommended these discontinued knox ones, they are alot cheaper and there a couple of reviews on thier site by elderly riders recommending them.

super happy with sports bike shop service
    [​IMG]

despite not looking like very comfy Armour they are indeed very comfy even around my chubby legs and injured knees well worth the £34

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

(Meant to reply sooner!)

Good to hear the bike isn't out of commission, let's hope you heal up quickly!

Yeah I can't fault their service. I've returned a fair bit of kit to them and I've never had any problems at all.

20. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

SSD Saturday. This came today from Amazon.

[​IMG]

Cost me £21, and then I got this second hand (250gb) for £27.

[​IMG]

I will probably buy a couple more if prices continue to fall, and are good on Black Friday.

Yaka likes this.