1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 23 Mar 2017.

1. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I noticed quite a few frame drops yesterday but the frame rate was still well over 100fps, was quite annoying but a restart of the game sorted that right out.

2. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Yeah, it's a very frustrating and known issue happening to almost everyone on PC since the last patch. So I am sure they will fix it. Being fairly low-end it makes it unplayable for me though sadly. I can't keep restarting during Nightfalls and stuff, so I end up just playing on console solo.

3. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I've done the same, one of each class and race with my main being a Titan. Really enjoying leveling up my Hunter at the moment, I haven't played that class before, even in the first game, and I'm surprised how much fun it is (it's not a class type I'm usually drawn to).

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well levelled a warlock back up this morning now just finishing the campaign and then I might make a hunter again but it depends on if I can find ways to make it not be so squishy.

5. Hex

I had to play a Hunter in the first game as the people I streamed it with chose the other 2 classes. I love 'em now though. With Raiden Flux the Arcstrider can super for a ridiculous amount of time! For Nightstalker it's all about Orpheus Rig to just have your super ready at all times. For flitting between classes I really like ST0MP-EE5, they're pretty fun and also let me shift any mobility points into recovery because Hunters really don't get much recovery. At all.

I'm glad the patch fixed the framerate issues, although I still drop frames, it's more gradual and nowhere near as unplayable as it was. It is still randomly setting me to 30fps though which is really weird. I'll be playing away at 60fps and then after a PvP match or activity, I'll realise it's topped at 30 and it will not go back to 60 until I restart the game. Not game-breaking, but is really weird.

^I found out what the 30fps thing was and felt really stupid when I worked it out. I play with a controller (I've always played Destiny on controller and swapping back and forth between mkb & controller for the same game was too much for my little brain) and it seems that Battlenet games drop to 30fps whenever you tab out of them even if you're still playing! So if I'm playing and click in Discord to chat to someone, unless I keep clicking back in game it drops me down to 30fps.

6. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Got this game a few days ago to play with friends. I'm reasonably impressed so far, the story seems like it's aimed towards 13-year-old kids but the game itself is quite decent. Only problem is the **** antialiasing and for some reason trying to get around that by increasing render resolution tanks the framerate (even increasing a bit).

7. Hex

The base game is free on Battlenet (PC) until Sunday November 18th 2018. You get to keep it forever. It's found under the 'gifts' tab apparently. So now it's been free with PS+ and free on Bnet, I imagine free with Games for Gold is coming up too!

Also if anyone ends up buying Forsaken and wants to do refer-a-friend missions, I have a code and I really want the rainbow gear!

https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/ReferAFriend?code=RAF-CMV-P9H-T4P

8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Just posted on another forum, but if anyone want's someone to join up with for missions etc my Battlenet tag is Techno2k8#2584

Only done the first raid once, and have no real interest in them but will slowly grind to 600.

Hex likes this.
  9. Hex

Absolutely gutted about the share-holder's meeting news from ActiVision. Destiny 2 hasn't grabbed "enough" players back and because a lot of previous players are still in a "wait and see" position, ActiVision have decided the best way to deal with that is introduce more microtransactions (after we finally got them down to manageable FFS) and to speed up content releases to squeeze out as much money as they can...

With Anthem on the horizon they're just going to push more people away. I adore Destiny, but can't help but think what it could have been without ActiVision's involvement. Sure they provided a nice budget, but they keep messing it all up and it makes me sad :(

It's utterly ridiculous that it works like this. With all theses AAA games being "live services" now, they all want all our time and all our money. Well I'm sorry games, but if you're that needy I'm just going to have to choose one game to take up my time and it's not getting any more money than the purchase cost. I just don't have any more time or money to spare and it's not like you even need it.

boiled_elephant likes this.
  10. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

The whole reason I won’t play it anymore is that the season pass only included two crap expansions. It’s pretty much the first game I ever bought with a season pass and it doesn’t even guarantee all future content. What was the point?

11. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

To be fair the season pass content was advertised before the game came out, not trying to make excuses for them but I bought it because I knew there was going to be a content drought, between Destiny 2 vanilla and when the 1st large expansion came out, just like Destiny 1.

I am going to be replaying Destiny 2 from the start over the next few night's, recording and uploading it to Youtube just, like I am currently in the process of doing for Destiny 1 which I just need to finish uploading which I will do overnight.

If EA don't mess up Anthem, then Bungie and Destiny are going to have trouble on there hand's I think but it's EA so there is around a 90% chance in my mind that they will mess it up.

Out of the bigger publishers I am glad it was Activision that got Destiny though, because the game would be a worse mess now if EA or Ubisoft got hold of it I think.

Either way it would be good to see a Season Pass actually include all content with Destiny but I don't think it ever will, I reckon with Destiny 3 it will be the same and it will be a case of like it is now where you can buy the game, with all the currently released DLC's for the price of the base game after the first big expansion for it.

12. Hex

To be fair, season passes became just that a few years ago. Destiny isn't the first game to do it. The pass only covers a set period of time, not the entire lifespan of the game, and as Damien said, they did advertise that before launch. People coming to D2 now though have it pretty good. Base game is free (it was on PS4, is currently on Bnet, can only imagine Games for Gold is next) and Forsaken (£26) now contains the other DLC too, so you only need that one for all the content. I wonder if the news from the sales call is going to hurt or improve December sales, because a lot of people who fell off after Curse of Osiris and Warmind didn't get Forsaken as they wanted to see what December's Black Armory was like first. A move encouraged by the die-hard Destiny streamers. I was going to wait as well, but I caved because I'm addicted.

Datto did a good video on the ActiVision news, I agree with it all as usual:

I'll be honest, Destiny 3 is looking to not be my thing at all. So my love affair with this game is no doubt ending soon. The D3 leaks are from a very reliable source who hasn't been wrong before and I just do not enjoy RPGs and bashing my head at the same boss 5,000 times with a group of people until I can finally beat it. I have no sense of achievement in that, I just get really upset at all the name-calling and shouting and want to never play again. But apparently that's what people have screamed that they want, so that's what they're allegedly getting :sigh: Anthem will no doubt be a mess and it's third-person, which I hate, but I'll have to see what I end up playing more.

13. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Do you get Curse of Osiris and Warmind with Forsaken?

14. rma

rma Minimodder

You do now!

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/destiny2-forsaken

15. oscy

oscy Modder

Do I have Destiny 2 in a nutshell right?

I'm over 500 level with one campaign to go, and just read elsewhere how you can just reacquire a weapon at level 488 for just glimmer and materials rather than that super expensive infusing. So do I basically:

- Dismantle everything under 489, except ones that say in the info 'random perks: can't be reacquired in Collection'

- Don't worry about infusing and messing about too much until all the campaigns are done (especially as I seem ok with my weapons at the moment in PvP)

- Once campaigns are done, look through the exotic and legendary guns and armor in my collection, get the ones I like with the best perks

- Infuse them with 489+ stuff I have and don't want

- Try and not suck at multiplayer with my bestest weapons and armor now

16. Hex

Pretty much, yeah. Anything with random rolls, you can't get again. So all Exotics, sure dismantle them. Legendaries: just check first if they're random rolls, if they are: see if the rolls are what you want, infuse the ones you want to higher levels. If not, dismantle. Just make sure you have enough Legendary shards for all that purchasing. You can buy them from Spider (when you get to that bit in Forsaken), he is a very useful bank.

Oh I almost forgot! If you're infusing the same thing into the same thing (500 Bygones with a bad roll into 400 Bygones with great rolls for example) it only costs glimmer. No materials or cores.

Definitely don't bother paying to masterwork weapons until you're near or at 600. Unless you have a God roll weapon you love using. I did admittedly do it to a Bad Omens I got early on because it has tracking and cluster bombs and I love it.

Regular PvP (Crucible) doesn't have power advantage turned on, so the level of your gear doesn't matter. Iron Banner though, it *does* matter. It only really makes a difference when you get about 20 power above/below someone, but you're only just at 500 and IB will be full of 600s - you will feel it!

17. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

And the bows have turned into my favorite weapon.

18. oscy

oscy Modder

I'm liking Gambit most, because you just have to play opposite to everyone else. Everyone goes after enemies (leaving behind a dozen motes), then get screwed by blockers. So I collect 10/15 motes from the first 2 waves, bank them, then guard it by taking out blockers with a sword, but I can still help the others because my rifle has sniper range. And I quickly learned that the sword is not only 1-hit-kill on guardians, but auto-targets, so I always go through the gate. :naughty:

And thanks Hex. I got the weapons I think I like now, I'll see how they play. Since I'm at about 515 level, I'm effectively at the end of the game since the Dreaming City is way too hard at the moment, and I'm not a grinder, so it'll be down to whatever I get playing online every now and then.

Hex likes this.
  19. Hex

Ah I like you. I don't know why people have suddenly started leaving motes everywhere. That never used to happen. It was more likely you'd kill a bunch of things and have every single one of your motes hoovered by someone else, but now people just abandon them. It's weird! I do get annoyed when I'm the only person killing Blockers though. You can get really screwed over when your bank is swarming with blockers, nobody can bank anything, then you get invaded and a One Thousand Voices swipe later everyone is dead and all of the motes are lost... yay :blah:

It is possible to get to 600 solo and without raiding. I've done it! It takes a while, but once you're able to do even the smallest stuff in the Dreaming City you'll start to level up a bit faster. The 600 power autorifle from The Festival of the Lost really helped jump me a few levels too. Don't forget to leave picking up your powerful engrams from NPCs until almost weekly reset so they give you the best boost. Also keep your highest power gear on you at all times, you don't have to be using them, but as long as they're on your person or in the postmaster they will count to making your drops the highest they can be for you.

I am still playing Gambit almost non-stop because I'm just about to hit Legend for the second time and I neeeeed that 2nd reset for my Gambit Triumphs. The double Gambit XP from the 20th-23rd is helping and the triple Gambit XP from the 23-27th will help out a lot, especially as Legend gives you nothing at all for losses! I am an idiot though and didn't realise until the other day that Gambit rank is account-wide so I can do the bounties on all 3 characters. Arghhh! I might have done this sooner had I known! Still not sure if I'm going to reset before the season ends, but I really hope so. I don't want to have to start that triumph from scratch again!

Oh yeah, that's a point. Season 4 ends on next reset (Tuesday 27th). Some season 4 things will go away. If you have any triumphs that are almost done for something that specifically mentions season 4, you need to complete those or they will reset on Tuesday when Season 5 "Season of the Forge" begins. All crucible, gambit, vendor ranks will reset on Tuesday too. Also get the Thunderlord quest done if you haven't. After reset it stops being guaranteed from that quest (the quest will no longer be available) and just goes to the RNG exotic lootpool.

Gambit's getting some changes in Season 5 too. You'll get more XP from bounties (I think they're doubling it) and they're introducing a new bounty that requires people to kill Primeval Envoys. So people might actually learn to kill those and get the Primeval Slayer buff \o/

20. oscy

oscy Modder

Destiny has a real problem with not telling people this stuff. The Iron Banner dude just disappeared, I didn't know he appeared only occasionaly (although apparently you get destroyed unless you're over 530 anyway.) Everything I know about stuff like loot is from Googling. And a timer on all the people you can buy from telling you when they have new stock isn't too much to ask (unless they have that and I'm blind). It also seems kinda pointless hiding Xur on certain days and anyway in the entire game, when you can just look it up, rather than hunt for hours/days searching for a needle in a haystack like a bad Hideo Kojima endgame mechanic.

I figure the bad teammates is because of the recent drive getting as many new customers on Destiny 2 as possible, when they offered the base game free and the whole game for £30 the past few weeks. We overestimate how smart the average bear is, we just think "the idea is to pick up motes so I'm going to pick up motes". But even if you don't know the rules, surely you'd pick up the shiny things! Especially in a game based entirely around picking up shiny things!

The only thing I'm not clear on is the primeval itself. It says kill the primeval, then 5 'primevals' spawn. I figure you go for the biggest one, but killing the other ones 'compromises' him and weakens his defence? I'm usually invading at that time anyway.

I forgot all about the extra XP, I'll have to get my gambit fill this week.