1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 2018 thread - Season Over

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 26 Nov 2017.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

As someone who doesnt watch MotoGP, I was totally unaware of his actions - I cant understand how he is allowed to ride again, let alone escape arrest by the police.

4. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I'd be surprised if he gets a seat next season, and if any of the riders would want him on the same track as them after doing that.

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Looks like he's going back to his old team, just dropping a level to Moto 3.
    I can totally see a protest from his competitors, maybe refusing to ride against him.
    -------------------------------------------
    There is good news, though:- https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/46267135

Last edited: 20 Nov 2018
    David likes this.
  6. legoman

Very true, I certainly wouldn't want to ride with anyone that does that kind of thing.

An that is good news, from what I understand they took a piece of bone from her hip to repair the damaged vertebrae.

HKFP have some very alarming photos, I dread to think of the Gforces at time of impact.
    https://www.hongkongfp.com/2018/11/...t-captures-horrific-crash-firsthand-survives/

I believe F3 are looking into the Halo system for next season, OK in this instance it wouldn't have helped, but if she had gone head on into the metal cables then media gantry it would literally of been a life saver.

7. RedFlames

Once more - holy shitballs.

8. RedFlames

9. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

RedFlames likes this.
  10. legoman

11. RedFlames

Now to see if Williams' wonder-sprog is quicker than the 1-armed man...

12. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

The real question is if one or both of them will beat Lance Stroll next season.

I want them both to, I want to see the Williams team leaning out of the pit wall and cheering them on, then giving Lance the finger in unison as he trails in behind them. I bet Serei's sneakee fackin rashen backers haven't been paying on time (or at all) as well.

13. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I thought this at first. But after thinking about it, if this was the jolt he needed to clean his act up and to calm down a bit then it could be good,

He is a talented rider, hes shown that enough, he has unfortunately shown over the years he has a temper, But if the governing body only saw fit to give him a temporary ban then fair play, the fact he was picked up by the team that dropped him in the first place is interesting, But I think hes on a very very short leash and if he does anything even remotely dangerous to another rider hes getting a lifetime ban.

As for sponsors, he probably does have powerful sponsors, but probably about the same as other riders who are trying to secure a ride, the main difference is hes show to be very competitive in moto3 and fairly competitive in moto2 albeit nowhere near as competitive as some of the riders in that class.

As someone who would rather watch the motogp support races and main even over f1 and has done for years, im keeping a very close eye on this going forward as he is a big risk.

yup back to the snipers team, which to me thinks its not so much about sponsorship and they want a rider they know is going to do well right away.

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

One more on the Sophia Flörsch accident (unfortunately in German - but has an angle in it that I hadn't seen):

15. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Trouble is that Fenati was already on his last chance (actually his third), he famously hit the killswitch on Niklas Ajo's bike a few years ago, then he got the sack from the VR46 team for fighting with the mechanics, something he did twice, then last but not least came his brake lever puling incident this year.

I suspect the FIM banned him for the season only because it didn't occur to them that he would ever find a ride again. I don't actually expect him to line up on the grid, between the other riders, team owners and insurers somebody is going to tell Dorna and/or the FIM that if he turns up nobody else will.

16. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I am interested to see where this goes.

As i am aware this was not his first incident and that he was sacked mid season from the vr46 team which was a huge deal, its rare we see riders leave during a season let alone get sacked.

Will have to see, the FIM will clearly be involved in everything relating to the snipers team getting him back in, I honestly hope that he has learnt from all of this and we see a much changed rider and person. I dont think we will and Dorna, the FIM and Snipers will probably regret taking the chance on him again.

17. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Apparently Sirokins sponsors pulled him from Williams due to how poor the team was last season. Not the fact he was even slower than Stroll then?

Link

18. RedFlames

The Williams wasn't fast enough to make their walking billboard look even mediocre.

19. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

20. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Why waste the money maybe?