1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Zelda (updated 02/06/04)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by DRxAndy, 13 Oct 2003.

1. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

this is amazing - i just started replaying LOZ: Ocarina of Time a few days ago, and what do ya know?? someone's doing a mod of it!! :eeek:

it's looking good so far, keep it up!

</subscribed>

2. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

Hey now 32x is the speed of my burner, and it's still sorta fast. Was yours a Lite-On?

Geeze, remindes me of years ago when 36.6 was fast, and the commercials were on TV where a kid felt bd for having a 28.8 modem... Guess what I had: 14.4...(stop laughing!)

L J

3. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

Aye, it was a liteon, and the speed was fine for me
    i'm just trying to look on the bright side, because money is tight for me now :lol:

4. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    PRINCESS RUTO, WHEN LINK FINDS HER:
    You? Who are you?! I am Ruto, Princess of the Zoras.
    What?! Are you saying my father asked you to come her to save me?
    I'd never ask anyone to do such a thing! "Letter in a Bottle?" I have no idea what you're talking about! My father is worried about me? I don't care! Anyway, I can't go home right now. And you... Get out of here!Understand?!
    (walks away, falls into hole) Ooooh Noooooo!
    (talk again)
    Are you still hanging around here? I told you to go away!
    I'm OK. I've been going inside Lord Jabu-Jabu's belly since I was little, but... Lord Jabu-Jabu is very strange today... There are electrified jellyfish and strange holes around... On top of that, my precious stone was...but... That's none of your business! Anyway... You! Go home now! Understand?!
    (talk again)
    You're that worried about me? Then I will give you the honor of carrying me! However...I won't leave until I find the thing I'm looking for. You'd better believe me!

- - - - - - - - - - -
    RUTO, FINDING THE SPIRITUAL STONE OF WATER:
    That's it! That's what I've been looking for! Throw me up there! Onto the platform!
    (Princess Ruto got the Spiritual Stone! But why Princess Ruto?)
    Oh my goodness! I finally found... My mother's stone... I got very upset when Lord Jabu-Jabu swallowed it... While I was feeding him, he suddenly swallowed me! I was so surprised I dropped it inside... But, now that I've found it, I don't need to be in here anymore! So, take me home, right now!
    (platform rises, Ruto screams)

--------------------------------------------------

Another update :)

Worked a bit today, and had fun with bondo

[​IMG]

First I took a scrap of lexan i had lying around, and cut it to fit behind the area i planned to bondo up, in the picture above, you'll see that behind it, i taped it in with masking tape, just for extra security.

[​IMG]

The bondo applied, and still wet

I plan to cut out the fanhole in the lexan later, or remove the lexan - but i'm swaying to just cutting the hole because the lexan gives it some support

I also worked a bit with the led's

[​IMG]

As shown in the image above, i removed the orange led's and replaced them with the "Secret" color. I decided to leave the main green led alone, and not switch it with another led, because it fit well with the theme, and it saves time cutting and soldering haha
    I also sleeved it up, unfortunately i'm running out of sleeving, so I had to use a size too small, but it looks ok none the less.

That's all for today
    -DRxAndy

5. borumas

borumas What's a Dremel?

Looks pretty good so far, looking forward to your next update. :clap:

6. ////\oo/\\\\

////\oo/\\\\ Minimodder

I am going to keep my eye on this one, it is becoming very interesting...

Nice work so far :clap:

7. X-W4rrioR

X-W4rrioR What's a Dremel?

gj so far dude
    waiting for further updates ^_^

8. eightyd

eightyd What's a Dremel?

Lookin great so far. I too am a big link fan, but I so far lack any modding skills, so this is my dedication to link.

[​IMG]

Keep up the good work! :rock:

9. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

<off topic>
    eightyd, that side panel looks pretty good. what'd you use to get it on there? and welcome to the forums!!
    </off topic>

10. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

good work dr andy I've been following your work over on the pheaton forums just noticed it over here. Its good to see a modder the same age as me In MIchigan, If you know of any lan parties in the area I Would be very happy as all my lan party buddies moved off to college out of state. If you ever gonna come down to the Ann Arbor area contact me, I would enjoy meeting another modder.

11. Mikec4costa

Mikec4costa What's a Dremel?

:rock: That picture is awsome is it a sticker or is it painted if its paint did you free hand it or use stencil? :dremel:

12. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

thats awesome!
    i'm looking for something like that done for my sidepanel, i was debating between a window or a decal, and that looks really good - as was asked by bacon, what is it?

metarinka: i've never been to a lan party myself haha, (kinda with 4 people and 2 xboxes, but that doesnt really count)
    ann arbor is up from me, but i'd make sure to drop you a line if i was coming up
    as by this thread: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44484 , MarcelloRupelli's planning on having one in a couple weeks

13. eightyd

eightyd What's a Dremel?

It is a huge ass sticker, but not a regular one. I was the assistant manager at a gamestop in my town, and I got it from the Nintendo representative who frequented our place (I was the only one to get one :D ). It isn't the usual kind of ultra sticky super thin sticker either, it is thick like a piece of paper, and not as sticky as a normal sticker, but it adhered the aluminum of my case perfectly. Like a bumper sticker, but more durable. I've had it in some pretty humid conditions, humid enough where my tape was coming off my walls (read: summer, and I live next to a lake) and not so much as a corner of it has even started to curl off.

I reccomend emailing nintendo with your plans and pics of your mod and why you want the sticker, and seeing as how they are the greatest videogame company in the world i bet they would send you one if they have any left over. Good luck! :B

14. eightyd

eightyd What's a Dremel?

btw, what was that green stuff you used to wrap the cables coming out of the PSU? I am a bit anal about the looks of the inside of my case, and I think that the cables coming out of the PSU are hideous. /me is a modding newb, and I would love to do more stuff, but for one, is opening the powersupply safe? Duh with it unplugged, but I almost killed myself when working on the inside of my xbox (installing a green LED fan) and since then I've always been worried about messing with my PC's PSU. Thanks for any help you could offer.

15. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

Interesting, but i doubt they would have instock a sticker of pre-cel shaded link :( haha, but not saying i dont mind the cel-shaded version either, i'm just going for an OOT look
    i'll drop them an email, any specific email you'd suggest to send to? (pm me if so :lol: )

The green stuff is cable sleeving, you can get it at several online retailers ( www.svc.com , www.performance-pcs.com ) and to install it, you dont neeeed to take the psu apart, because you take off the molex's and sleeve it up.

Depending on how you use it, opening a psu is perfectly safe, this is the 3rd one i've had the pleasure of opening and i havent gotten shocked once
    this one had never been used before i took it apart haha, but to insure there's no charge left in it, let it sit for a little while to discharge the resistors, then flip the on/off switch on the back of it on and off several times just for security. oh, and dont touch the caps either :hehe:

there are a bunch of articles out there on mod sites on how to sleeve a psu, taking the molex's off and such, so google it up if you wish to learn more

16. Mikec4costa

Mikec4costa What's a Dremel?

Cool thanks :thumb: :dremel:

17. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

RUTO, SAVED FROM BARINADE:
    (inside warp light)
    You...You're late! What took you so long? You're useless! I was just lonely, that's all... Just a little!!
    (warp outside, Link falls in water, Ruto jumps in too)
    You! You looked cool...cooler than I thought you would, anyway... Just a little! Well, anyway, you saved me, so I guess I'll reward you. What do you wish? Just tell me...

(Nothing really...)
    Heeheehee... Don't be shy. I can tell what you're thinking...

(I want that Spiritual Stone)
    You mean the Spiritual Stone of Water, Zora's Sapphire, don't you? My mother gave it to me and said I should give it only to the man who will be my husband. You might call it the Zora's Engagement Ring!

All right!I'll give you my most precious possession: Zora's Sapphire!
    (obtain Zora's Sapphire)
    (Her most precious possession? You don't know what she's talking about, but you've finally collected all three Spiritual Stones!! Go back to see Princess Zelda!)
    (black screen)
    Don't tell my father...

-------------------------------------

Small update

I started sanding down the bondo, went and got a sanding dealy for a drill to make light work of it. Didn't finish because of time constraints, but here's a comparison of what it's come from haha

[​IMG]

A big thanks to the quality of antec, for providing me with another front panel, just because the little clips at the bottom were broken in shipping. So haha if i totally screw this front panel up, i have a backup!

I also worked on painting the other side panel

[​IMG]

ooooo reflection of lawnmower in ittttt :clap:
    I'm pretty proud of how well its turning out, yesterday I ran into a minor glitch when i put the first application of green on. I had it perfect, and then as soon as i've come to bring it into the garage, a damn bug landed right on it! I left it be, but then it started walking around on it :wallbash: , so i ended up pulling it off and murdering it between my fingers... arrgh
    Started with 40 grit to remove all the paint before, moved up to 200, then 320, then 400, then today jumped up to 1500 mmmm

but yeeeaahhh

thats all for tonight

18. eightyd

eightyd What's a Dremel?

You ever find a place for triforce grills? I would kill for some

19. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

shhh :hehe:
    pay attention to the log in the upcoming week to see what happens
    you wont be disapointed, i promise

20. Pistol

Pistol Guest

ok where did you find 1500?? I went to Home Depot here and couldnt find anything over 600.