1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Oh dear god. My wife suggested the same just now as I sat through a multitude of medleys in Bobs Burgers. I've seen it before though. Hideous.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

The Gentlemen.

One of the best episodes of Buffy.

The musical.. less so.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  3. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Yup, that was the one.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Ah, I thought you meant Once More With Feeling when you said musical episode :p

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I've got gout! ****ing bullcrap body bingo!

6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Went back to the doctors as Bronchitous doesnt involve hurling up great wads of green crap.
    Turns out you can have Bronchitous and a Chest infection. I feel i need Consumption and Rickets for my 1900's illness boxset.

Still at work though, cant afford time off.

7. silk186

silk186 Derp

I hear you, I've been lacking a lung the past couple of days.
    I didn't pull the trigger on the Samsung 970 on Amazon and figured it would go on sale at Scan/Ebuyer.
    I also figured Cyber Monday would have some good deals. Now I'm kind of screwed. I waited a month for Black Friday and I still don't have a drive.
    I had issues a few times Amazon, trying to buy something and the price goes up when it's in my basket.

I also seem to consistently find great deals in the marketplace about an hour after the item sells.

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Chronic anxiety to the point of quite severe suicidal thoughts. *sigh* I knew it was coming somewhen in the winter I just didn't know it would be now. I'm on suicide watch atm taking full doses of pills and sleeping tons. I feel a lot better today, but I know it's fleeting as I've had my ups and downs too. I think it was just an almighty crash downward, one I was not prepared for. Even though I am medicated the swings are sometimes pretty severe.

It's probably a good thing I have all but forgotten how bad they were pre medication. Dear god.

9. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I just had a random nosebleed mid conversation with someone, not like a little one either, now I have lots of red stains on my shirt, not allowed to go home to change though.

I was generally meh with amazon black Friday nothing special to be honest I had a few emails for invite only offers which were surprisingly tempting but the only thing I got was a bike thing which was massively reduced (£540 off)

10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Hang in there dude (yeah, I know like it's that easy!)

I know it's not an answer but have you tried the SAD lights now that the winter is starting to draw in? My other halfs sister has anxiety issues and it helps just to take the edge off them sometimes in the dark months.

11. Vault-Tec

No but my buddy has them. I really need to start prioritising and not spunking all of my dough on water cooling.. Easier said than done !!

I noticed my sleep pattern falling apart a couple of weeks ago though. Cabin fever started to set in.. I just kept myself busy and worked too hard trying to get the rig finished when it will obviously take its own sweet bloody time !

I need to try and remember this is all chemical. It really is. Thing is by the time it lets go you forget how you managed to cope with it :S

Still learning, even in my mid 40s. I tell you what though I can fully appreciate why most people with Bipolar are far more likely to commit in their 40s. It all gets harder when there's nothing really exciting left out of life, just ****.

adidan likes this.
  12. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

I consider myself very lucky to not have to deal with any form of mental health issues, my wife has had bouts of depression and anxiety (long before we met) though. But I do find that winter just takes a lot of motivation and energy out of me. I literally hate it with a passion - cold, dark, everyone is ill, it's almost always busy with work, pretty much all my family birthdays are between October and January, I've always had an aversion to Christmas... it all just adds up till I feel like I just want to hibernate it away.

What keeps me going is knowing that Winter only lasts so long - eventually it gets warmer, the days get longer, it becomes easier to do the things you enjoy and you have more energy to do them. Tick away the days until you can get back out on the bikes and feel the sunshine on you face dude, that's what I'm doing!

adidan, goldstar0011 and Vault-Tec like this.
  13. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Woke up to 3000 emails from "asdsddfs" all from different email addresses so the spam filtering isn't coping very well. Again, first world problems.

14. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

You need some amavisd magic and some spamassassin fine tuning

15. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Don't know if enough people here care to warrant a separate thread but

R.I.P. Stephen Hillenburg

(and **** ALS)

[​IMG]

EDIT:
    Some really nice art
    [​IMG]
    (click for full size)

Last edited: 27 Nov 2018
    Vault-Tec likes this.
  16. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Having your nephew end his adult years of mental anguish on Sunday.
    Happier times: taking him camping in 2001 and him loving the New Forest ponies visiting our campsite.
    [​IMG]

17. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Broken slave cylinder for the clutch on my car........ normally an easy fix when they mount them somewhere sensible but on my car, it's *in* the bell housing on the gearbox and that means it could have taken the 2yr old clutch and dual mass flywheel with it as well............. worst case scenario projection from garage = £1450 :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::waah::waah::waah::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: Oh and its a main dealer only fix as there are no Volvo independents near to where I live, earliest they can look is Monday and they didn't have a courtesy car available until Saturday so i had to hire one for 3 days as well!

On top of that is the news that my 86yr old grandfather has been re-admitted into hospital for the second time in a fortnight with a high fever and a various maladies that don't seem to be clearing - looks like i'll have to make the trip up to Norfolk in 10 days time when i have my own car back to possibly say a final goodbye to him :sigh:

18. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Sorry for your loss, remember the happy times and that he's not in pain anymore (This always sounds trite but it's true - even though we are in pain because they're not here anymore)

19. Vault-Tec

I placed an order with Watercooling. I forgot how they messed me around last time. I have been emailing them for three days, no reply whatsoever (expected given their review track record). I ordered a really expensive water block and now my cash is in limbo. It missed the scheduled ship date of yesterday, now I have my cash tied up with a company known to never reply to emails.

It sucks, because I found another water block I really like too.

Ah well. They have until Monday, then it's Paypal Dispute.

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

engineering PCB via's within micron tolerances.

too much math for this point in the week.

MLyons likes this.