1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Novatech Suck

Discussion in 'General' started by GaryP, 28 Nov 2018.

1. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Gareth you are a legend. In my email this morning was a returns label from Novatech. That was before I saw this. However, I am still sending off what you wrote via email and am putting it in the paypal submission.

I unpacked the monitor again last night to try and take a picture to prove its not damaged physically as that seems to be their default position. I hooked it up to a lappy and tried to take pictures of the faults. I couldn't show them in a photo. Again it was on for no longer than 5 minutes and switched on at their request.

I am going to send it off today with the label provided, after I have fired off the email.

Thanks everyone for their help.

LennyRhys, IanW and Arboreal like this.
  2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

No worries - best of luck!
    Absolutely do this: I'm not saying they would give the thing a shoeing to 'demonstrate' abuse, but I'm definitely saying they could do that - and having a bunch of photos of it without a bootprint in the middle of the screen will go a long way to defending against that.

3. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Monitor sent off, email sent ....

.... after I had looked up the word 'contemporaneous'. :D

modd1uk likes this.
  4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Good luck. Bit of a sad state having to wish luck in hoping a company fulfils their legal obligation but there you go.

@Gareth Halfacree I'll be copying that letter if you don't mind, you never know when it may come in handy.

5. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Well hopefully this thread will cost them a bit of business. Only way these companies learn. Novatech still connected to BT in any way ?

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

Fizzban, GaryP and adidan like this.
  7. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Full refund from paypal today.

Novatech engineers tried to get me to ring 10 days ago. I refused and said nothing to ring about. Full details are in my email and I will only deal in writing. I then upgraded to dispute with paypal. Novatech blanked me for 9 days. They didn't even bother to reply to paypal dispute, then Friday night in my email there was a pdf invoice from Novatech saying refunded by paypal. It hadn't. Paypal required a reply from Novatech today, they hadn't so refunded automatically at midday.

Novatech are actually classless enough to not even refund on the day they sent the invoice, they made me wait another 2 days for Paypal to do it.

Warning to you all.

Thanks very much @Gareth Halfacree. I think that letter template has been saved on a few pcs on bit-tech, including mine.

Last edited: 16 Dec 2018
  8. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I know I did. Gareth is the man!

9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Late to the party, I know, but this has been a shock to me. Novatech were one of the companies I have previously vouched for, having received excellent customer service in the past. It's surprising what difference a few years can make.

Good to see you got a full refund, Gaz. I too will be filing away a copy of Gareth's form letter.

10. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

This is a shock to me as well, as a family friend works there as a corporate salesperson for them. Used the company a fair bit without any hassles, but then again.. I always went there in person to pick up any items and if I had an issue, I go to complain in person so they couldn’t just fob you off.