1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Battlefield V

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mr Happy, 24 May 2018.

1. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Bombers are a bit OP at the moment. You spawn in just before the infantry so some players are flying direct to enemy spawn at match start and carpet bombing for epic kills. They're going to delay the bombers spawn to fix amongst a few other balancing tweaks.

Still, even with the issues, it's the smoothest Battlefield launch so far. This game is VERY good as it is now and has the potential to be the best to date.

2. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

My favorite at the moment is the Arras map

3. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I too like Arras. My favourite is probably Twisted Steel for conquest and large scale, although I love Rotterdam for TDM. So many corners, angles and a lot of height to play with.

My least favourite is probably Aerodrome and those murder corridors either side of the hangar. They're just deathtraps and it's far too easy for the attackers and nigh on impossible to defend. I don't know how they could tweak them to balance a bit more, but it needs looking at IMO.

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

So after about a week of playing on-and-off:
    The game feels great. There's some moments there that make you feel like you're in a war movie. I think the biggest element playing into that is the sound design (which is nuts good).

Arras and Twisted Steel are favourites.
    Devastation is up there as well, provided you don't get bogged down on C D or E. Those can be deathtraps.
    Least favourite is most definitely Aerodrome, but Hamada is up there too.

Squad play gets rewarded really well, though it seems half the players haven't latched on to that yet (or ever will). Join a squad that plays the objectives, though, and the game will reward you. Even Defending a point can be great fun with the Defences that can be built and such.

Weapon customization (the visual part) is a gimmick, of course.
    The "power up" customisations DO work, though I struggle convincing myself to play with one weapon for long enough to get it to Level 4. Not sure that the first weapon being levelled up was a good idea.
    Vehicles are hard to fight against on foot, compared to BF1.

Grand Operations is rubbish, as has been mentioned in about 1934085701 videos on the internet.

5. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Gnnnnhhh I want BF V so much!

maxlxyd likes this.
  6. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

If anyone fancy's joining some like minded guys for some BF V squad action feel free to join us on most nights - https://discord.gg/YFpx34E

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I assume that's on EU servers?

8. MrRobot

MrRobot What's a Dremel?

I too am skeptical. But, I will give it a try!

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

So the patch with the KE7 nerf, the Medic buff, bomber nerf, as well as the tides of war Overture has been delayed at the 11th hour... oh well... I suppose we farm with the KE-7 some more, then.

10. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Have they delayed the entire patch or just those elements of it?

Training range was supposed to come online today, which is where I always hone my piloting 'skills' without noobing a live game... Really need the training range online!!! I'm so bad with some of the a/c at the moment...

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Whole patch is delayed.

Update: EA Announced 10h ago on twitter :"Chapter 1: Overture update is locked and loaded for deployment tomorrow, December 5th."

Last edited: 5 Dec 2018
    Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  12. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

So the map is 5.5km at it's widest point, or roughly Caspian Border 9 times.

That makes me sad we can't have a 120v120 game of conquest on that map :(

14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

15. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

It's pretty good, but looting still needs some work. Specifically how the loot pops out when you kill another player. Solo is quite campy, squads is a lot more fun but I do find matchmaking to be a bit hit & miss. For example, If I create a squad and add one of my mates joins, it can take a few minutes to match-make but quite often one of us will get booted before we hit the lobby. I little frustrating at times, but I'm sure it'll get fixed.

EDIT: We're getting duos for the weekend!
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...troducing-battlefield-v-firestorm-duo-weekend

Last edited: 11 Apr 2019
    Mr Happy likes this.
  16. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

I played solo firestorm and absolutely sucked running around like errr! which way. Running from the ever closing ring of fire virtually on my back and getting shot from behind didn't make sense but aye ho. :eyebrow:.