1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PlayStation 4 PSVR recommendation

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by javaman, 1 Dec 2018.

1. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Hi everyone,

I was looking into present ideas for my brother and thought PSVR might be a good option as he's a massive ps fan. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it and answer a few questions.

1) My brother is in a wheelchair which obviously restricts his movement. I know this will completely rule out quite a few games but will this be a killer issue? I guess are they many seated vs standing games?

2) My experience with VR has been with the Vive. Obviously PS VR is not going to be on par with that experience but will it still offer an enjoyable experience?

Any feedback and pointers welcome

Many Thanks!

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

quite a few seated games, I've not played ant standing but there is quite a bit of looking behind and tilting, you also need reasonable dexterity in arms and hands should you use things like move controllers.

3. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Thanks for the reply Sandys! Hand and Arm movement shouldn't be a problem. He will have limited leaning mobility but should still be able to manage to an extent. Looking behind however would be an issue.

4. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

I play seated as I found it better with the camera just above my head.
    No problem playing firewall zero hour as all the turning is done with the rear thumb stick on the aim controller.