1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete Thermaltake UK Modding Trophy 2018 #TT20

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AML_customs_pc, 7 Oct 2018.

1. AML_customs_pc

AML_customs_pc Minimodder

[​IMG]

Right guys, I had to start the Mod again, with me changing the back distro, it meant all my sizes were out.

I started with a simpler design but still has the WOW factor, I think this is just down the the size of the case, I did remove the second loop. I also have to change how I want to mount the panel back to the case, I did want to keep both side panel but I will be removing one of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once I made the new back, and sorted the mount for the top panel and side panel, I was happy to start the internals.

I started in the basement I recut the bottom panel this is 20 mm from the base of the case I have done this to hide the cables going to the 3 control boxes, which will sit behind the screen you should be able to see these from the right hand side and the top of the case.

[​IMG]

Once I was happy with this I started with the side panel which will hold the screen, I am using the screen to show celebrate thermaltake product over the last 20 years.

[​IMG]

You can see I am sticking to the plan I submitted to the competition.

These are the cable combs I will be using.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I even made some little brackets to hold the mid plate in place,

[​IMG]

Once I installed the brackets, I added the mid plate which will hold the motherboard, passthroughs and another custom distro plate. I will be keeping the mid plate clear so you can see straight into the basement.

[​IMG]

I am going to be painting all the parts tonight, bracket for GPU and starting the etching of the glass, I want to have the build completed by friday so all that needs doing is the custom cables and final photos, I am sure they will be a few more updates before then.

As always any question please leave below.

Cheapskate likes this.
  2. AML_customs_pc

3. AML_customs_pc

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Lost track of this one. Having the same wall of text in every projects' title seems to click a 'just read that' box in my feeble mind. It's good to see you got your leak sorted in a roundabout way. :D The project came out great.

5. AML_customs_pc

Thanks cheapskate, I wasn’t sure I would get it done. That leak really knock me. I think I will look at trying it again in the new year. When I have no pressure.

Bit-tech have started the voting you can see all 5 builds