1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Second security hole accelerates Google+'s demise

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 11 Dec 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

If they're closing down the whole network, it's not a bug. Bugs can be fixed, this is a systemic flaw. Have they released any information regarding where exactly the flaw resides?

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

They're not closing down the whole network, only closing it to consumers (and kicking 'em off); the enterprise side of things will continue as normal. As for the flaw, the linked announcement explains:

4. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

It's a sad state of affairs really. I'm a big G+ user and people just didn't get it and always thought of it as a Facebook rival and panned it due to low numbers. For me G+ was great because I spent it discussing and learning things I was interested in, with people that had the same interests. Everyone on Facebook always moaned about posts not showing up, promoted posts, stuff out of order. Not a problem on G+ as I controlled what got shown and could easily jump circles I'd made or communities I'd joined.

A lot of G+ communities are going to MeWe which seems to be quite similar, and I don't mind getting Googles claws out of another aspect of my digital life.

Tags: Add Tags