1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I've ended up with a 3D printer, from Mrs DutchDude. :D

Good thing I am not at work tomorrow... I can mess with it all day! :D

MLyons likes this.
  2. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Overwatch, Legendary Edition for £16.99 :D Well happy :D

3. silk186

silk186 Derp

I picked up a 970 Evo when it was on sale and finally installed it after checking the lacklustre boxing day sales.

4. Mopsi

Mopsi What's a Dremel?

Leatherman Wave+ :D

Almightyrastus likes this.
  5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Wine didn't turn up on Xmas Eve. Obviously didn't turn up on Xmas Day or Boxing Day, either. Today, SMS from Yodel: "Your parcel is out for delivery." Fantastic.

0959: We tried to deliver your parcel but couldn't access your property. Please check back for updates.

Err... The gate's wide open, and I can see the street from my front door. Which is also the only door. No knock, no ring, no parcel. No sign of a Yodel van. No nothing.

Also 0959: Your parcel has been delivered.

No. No, it has not. So, let's get onto Yodel. Wait for the chat box to go from "we're all busy" to "get in touch," click, fill in the details, select "you've said you've delivered my parcel but that's total bollocks," wait for representative.

Screenshot from 2018-12-27 10-25-59.png

For the love of...

EDIT:
    Amaze. Bloody good job I wasn't relying on that wine for Xmas dinner, eh?

Last edited: 27 Dec 2018
  6. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

We would have all slapped you at the same time if you were relying on Yodel to be on time... ;)

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Lots of food and wine and other stuff during the winter holiday. God, I love not spending Christmas with the family. So relaxing.

8. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

Treated myself to some Sennheiser RS165's and also a monitor arm to create more space on the desk.

9. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

A "Turbofrap 200", not a name that would do well with my generation in the UK but here in France it doesn't have the same connotations. I'll post a picture in a bit but for now I'll leave your imaginations to run wild before you google it.

10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Could be worse. Could be a Turbofap 2000.

11. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I DuckDuckGoed it and found a fence post basher: http://www.forestdepo.net/index.php/oszlopvero/278-turpofrap-rabaud

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Trip to cinema for Mortal Engines, Bumblebee & Ralph Breaks the Internet = Total price £10.00 (for fooding) due to Cineworld Unlimited Card.

Arboreal likes this.
  13. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

Watched Ralph Breaks the Internet today with the kids and thought it was pretty decent. £20 for 4 of us at Cineworld also due to a promo code through the wife's work.

14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

[​IMG]

Got sick of my Chinese phone. I've had it over a year now and the OS is still flaky and hasn't been fixed. I've installed four ROM updates, all of which were destructive, and I still can't change the wallpaper.

So I'm going back to Blackberry as the Keyone is supposed to be fantastic. Done some homework first, can't get a phone to touch it for what I paid (£169 new, unlocked). It's not even really the fact I wanted another Blackberry (I've got four at home) it was just that I wanted a nice, decent Android phone for a good price.

So sod it. Yeah, I am justifying it to myself but then I know a lot of people who buy £800 phones yearly. I've done it myself (did my balls on a Blackberry Passport at launch) but since then I have set a max price of £170 and upgraded yearly. Or not so much even upgraded, just changed phones because I get sick of seeing the same one lol.

adidan likes this.
  15. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Pair of Dunlop Sport Maxx for the car, forgot I had built up a discount with black circles so cost me a nice chunk less

[​IMG]

16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ooh, that's interesting.

My good lady's old button Nokia will be finally unable to get whatsapp from 1st Jan (apparently, but that's been said before) and i've been looking for a replacement for her.

She needs buttons though and that may be a good compromise. One that can finally connect to wifi and have apps on will be a blessing, my phone gets nabbed for whatsapp phonecalls.

Can I ask where you got it from? Decent price that.

17. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I've been hovering on a few purchases for a bit, waiting for a compelling reason to purchase, which came this morning in the form of some after-Christmas sales.

MOAR PORTS
    [​IMG]

Playroom sofa, to replace the catastrophically uncomfortable £70 sacrificial Ikea jobber that's been in there until now. Small_Tad is 6 now, so is allowed real furniture.
    [​IMG]

Much needed additional worktop in the kitchen in the form of this free-standing island
    [​IMG]

And a matching sideboard to replace one that's seen better days and tie it together a bit more
    [​IMG]

18. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I had a set of those on my A3 sport - loved them - very grippy and they shift a lot of water too. The only down side was the soft compound made them good at collecting sharp little stones and punctures after about 18k miles .

19. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

[​IMG]

So I can rest it on my fat tummy like a beaver :D

[​IMG]

20. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

Samsung swa-9000s rear speakers.