1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Picture removal from start up sequence

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by t4n6o, 1 Jan 2019.

1. t4n6o

t4n6o You know when you've been tangoed

Not sure what section this would come under if bios or motherboard.

When I load up my old PC usually where u see the motherboard logo or start up image, there is a picture of me and my daughter on there, and since I am getting rid of pc (selling to a mate) I want to remove this.

How would I manage this?

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

How did you get it there?

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I remember some boards allowed you to upload your own image in the splash screen - pretty sure the removal process is via the BIOS, or through some app that was released with the board.

OP, have checked out the board's support page?

t4n6o likes this.
  4. adidan

I'd never even heard of that, always assumed the logo was either on or off.

TIL.

5. t4n6o

That's right David, I just can't remember how I did it as it was way back in 2009 ish lol. I'm currently looking on the Asus website (not to much avail) but have another port of try to test out yet, but if it was via bios how would I go about this?

Once again TIA

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

IIRC, Asus had an app called MyLogo but I don;t know it your board pre-dates that app, and you may have to do it manually by entering the BIOS - I think some allowed you to upload from a USB stick, much like you can with bios updates.

TheMadDutchDude and t4n6o like this.
  7. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Yup David's nailed it.

Chances are you will have set it through a windows app from your motherboard manufacturer. Or as he said a bootable USB.

Only thing is the app used may not work with 10...you don't wanna have to install 7 just to remove a boot up logo :(

t4n6o likes this.
  8. t4n6o

Looks like my freshly installed windows 10 system wont allow me to use the mobo disc :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:.

Didn't want to have to re install 7 to do this and then 10, but never mind i guess..... looks like i have a busy few days lol

9. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Don't use the mobo disc fella. Just visit the manufacturers site and download any drivers you feel are necessary...and the all important utility to remove that splash screen logo.

If it's an older mobo you'll find the drivers provided during the 10 installation will be more than fine...and probably a lot newer than the ones on the motherboard manufacturers website .

If it were me I'd install 10 and then find whatever utility is needed to remove the splash screen logo on the mobo site ..if that didn't work I'd probably just do a quick install of 7 just to remove it..then flatten the SSD and install 10.

t4n6o likes this.
  10. t4n6o

Tried that, however the manufacturers website didn't have any utility downloads for win 10

Pardon my ignorance, and stupidity after a night on the sauce lol, after a quick install of 7 and it gets removed (hopefully) and flatten the SSD and install 10, i presume you mean install 7 remove image and wipe SSD and reinstall windows 10 again?

11. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Yup that's exactly what I mean. :)

And regarding the site ..ignore looking for windows 10 downloads, if there are any 8 drivers they may work..although as I said the ones provided by windows may well be sufficient.

Look under windows 7 downloads for the utility...you won't know if it works until you download it and try it.

Past experience for me is mixed, I've had some old utilities designed for 7 work perfectly on 10..others refused.

t4n6o likes this.
  12. adidan

Had a quick look about, do any of the AI Suites run on your board?

I think there are win10 versions out there and I believe they include the logo jiggerypokery.

13. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Can you reflash the bios rather than messing about with desktop software?

14. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

It may work...sometimes the boot image doesn't get overwritten (mainly OEM boards).

15. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

typically I've always done this with a USB bootable with the bios image and flasher.exe (name may vary lol). I know one of the Intel and MSI apps its a switch on flashing the BIOS image to reset the image so you do the usual bios flash (with same version you currently have or a newer one if you like) and you just figure out what the command line switch is for it. What model board is it?

16. t4n6o

Forgot to update yesterday as a mate wanted to go race on PC2.

Got it removed and put it back to stock. Unfortunately I couldn't find an AI suite for windows 10 for this board (probably due to its age), so had to install windows 7 to fix the issue. so its back to stock and now just need to install windows 10 onto the machine.

Thanks to everyones suggestions and ideas

modd1uk likes this.
  17. adidan

Sounded like a bit of a faff for you, glad it's sorted though :thumb:

18. t4n6o

Faff...Fun... its all good, its been a while since i did it so maybe its a refresher course for myself lol :grin::grin::grin:

adidan likes this.
  19. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Get a fresh install of 10 on it now then and job done :D.

20. t4n6o

Exactly, then its sold and I have extra funds towards desk, chair, monitor/s and VR