1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I've just had a look, they make some bold claims; do you use metal utensils on yours? Put them in the dishwasher? How long have you had them and what sort of condition are they in?

Cheers!

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Now that this appears to be the Cookware Thread, I'll chime in: I only really use three frying-type pans. The first, a traditional frying pan, is a Tefal with that 'hot-spot' thing that disappears when it's the right temperature; aside from a few gouges where the missus attacked it with metal implements, it's fine with no flaking (even around the gouges) after double-digit years. The second is a wok, which I seem to remember is a Morrisons own-brand affair. No trouble with that, either. The final one is a square aluminium griddle pan I use for steaks; again, no problem after double-digit years.

What the heck are you all *doing* to your poor pans?!

3. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Tefal, wife, gouges.

I have a stainless stock pot that I love, but even though it sometimes requires a bit of mechanical intervention to clean, I find it's great even without the non-stick.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

My partner uses metal utensils with non-stick pans, too. There's... A series of patterns over most of them.

Personally, I use either a carbon steel wok, or a cast iron griddle. I dunno why anyone needs anything else tbh. Keeping either clean isn't much of a challenge, and when assaulted by a stray fork or something, I don't clench tighter than is strictly advisable.

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Ditto, ours was pronounced dead last year after double digit years in service, been replaced with their new ceramic lined frying pan which will hopefully last just as long if not longer

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I'll occasionally use metal utensils, but not often. They can apparently create marks in the surface, but I've not noticed any.
    I don't put them in the dishwasher, but they barely need washing - just a rinse with soapy water really, even if I'm lazy and leave something to dry on until the next morning.

I've had a set of three saucepans from the classic range for a few years and they're as new, with near-daily use. A classic griddle pan for slightly less time, used a few times per week and again, as new, and a CTX 28cm saute pan but that's only 6 months old. If I'm ever searing I'll use cast iron though.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  7. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Interesting, thanks.

8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

The CS beta 2.1 memories...

The_Crapman likes this.
  9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I had a 17L bb gun when I was in my teens. That and a centimeter master. I had a thing for long pistols. Ha ha

10. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

Ooh I used to have a blowback version years ago, wish I’d have kept it to be honest but I got talking to a kid at a paint balling place who was local and looking for an air soft side arm so sold it on

11. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Apple Watch Series 4 Aluminium GPS/Cellular
    [​IMG]

iPhone XR Red 64gb
    [​IMG]

12. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

A 2TB Samsung T5 portable SSD drive.

Arboreal likes this.
  13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

[​IMG]

Now I have two, doh. A PCI and a PCIE. I know some one who can use the PCI one though, so all was not wasted.

Arboreal likes this.
  14. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

The postman just handed over a parcel containing a kettle lead. Nothing else. No paperwork.

I'm fairly sure I didn't purchase a solitary kettle lead, on account of having several of them sitting in a box in my office. This one has me stumped.

silk186, IanW, adidan and 3 others like this.
  15. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Books, again. And IKEA bookshelves, again. I think it's an addiction. I now own seven large Billy bookshelves and a small one. In total, I have less than one left empty right now.

16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

When I moved offices - so that my eldest could move into my old office and my yet-to-be-born-at-the-time youngest could move into my eldest's old room - I got rid of 18 large shipping boxes filled with books. Thank heavens for the British Heart Foundation doing free donation collections!

...although I was a little unimpressed when I got a letter a few months later saying "thanks to your generous donation, we've raised £26.40..."

17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

That simply means they've sold some of your books, not all. Unless they were labelled as a job lot (unlikely). Gift Aid rules dictate you be notified when. Items are sold - you could be getting letters for months.

18. Gareth Halfacree

I realise that would only account for part of the donation, but expected them to have sold a few more than that - and it was the last letter I ever received. That was three years ago, now...

19. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I don't get one with "digital organisers" so purchased this, its actually dark blue despite the picture being otherwise.
    Now need to find a slim pin that can live in it as I invariably will end up without a pen unless its actually in the dam thing.

[​IMG]

20. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Lol, I put together a little billy the other day, didn't even fill 1 shelve.

One of these so I can run a second monitor...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 7 Jan 2019