1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Synology DS216j, s/h from CEX for pretty cheap, which will house a shucked 8TB WD red, and another shucked 8TB of some variety with the next compelling HUKD alert that pops up, in JBOD. Will live in the loft which gets quite toasty in the summer.

In other words: "How not to storage"

Will be used for backup for the things that don't quite warrant the cost of doing it properly, but would still be irritating to lose.

2. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Just be mindful that there's no dust filtration whatsoever on that NAS and the only intake is hidden in the cutout of the 'Synology' branding on the left and right panels. If you put that in the loft, you'll be lucky to get it to last a year. Luckily, they're small and quiet so it needn't live up there if you want it to return a decent serviceable life.

3. Mister_Tad

Hmm... if it's exceptionally quiet I could be tempted to put it in a cupboard in my office.

If not, there's always the 2y warranty from CEX to lean on.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

If it's anything like the DS214 I have sat behind my monitor? You won't notice it in the cupboard.

On topic:

Raspberry Pi Zero + case
    MicroUSB-Ethernet adapter
    5m ethernet cable

Someone's sick of adverts and is going to run a Pihole.

Mister_Tad likes this.
  5. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I've got the DS115j and the only noise I hear from it is when the drive first spins up for access, that's it.

The fan is configurable in three modes: quiet, normal and cool. I run mine on quiet and the disk sits at about 30c or thereabouts, so comfortably within operating temp ranges.

liratheal and Mister_Tad like this.
  6. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Finally found a company to powder coat my Standard STA, so that will be where my cash goes this week haha.

8. maxlxyd

maxlxyd What's a Dremel?

How you finding the XR? Was just wondering as I am looking to get a new phone soon :)

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

10. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

Just ordered one of these today (lease rather than own);

[​IMG]

After my 1.6 2011 Ford Focus, will be a pretty big step up and practical enough to appease the wife and kids.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  11. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I had a 2007 one in the diesel turbo. Bloody brilliant car!

12. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

They've had some really good reviews and have the VW build quality. Went for the manual petrol for the extra pace as with new engines, get the same fuel economy as what i have now.

13. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I haven’t got much to compare it to because I went without a phone for about a year before getting this, however, it’s snappy, the camera is good, call quality is great, the screen is fantastic, and it works alongside my Macbook and Watch, the battery life is awesome and it just works. I probably spend a lot of my time on it now checking health related stats. Face unlock is great and I can confirm it doesn’t unlock when my eyes are closed lol, yeah it’s a great phone, it’s a nice size, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything else.

14. maxlxyd

maxlxyd What's a Dremel?

Glad you're happy with it, seems like you will be enjoying it a lot. ;)

15. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

To replace the shagged X7, an Astell & Kern AK Jr.

Reviews well, takes 256gb SD cards, looks good. Can't be too bad I guess.

16. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I've been contemplating a Poly to go with my Mojo, but it's a very expensive toy and I don't know if I'd use it. You can connect it to your Roon server though, if you have one. But that's inside the house, so we're back at Roopieee, which Tad and I have been discussing of late.

17. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I've had the AK300 for quite a while now and I still enjoy every minute with it. You're in for a good time.

liratheal likes this.
  18. Mister_Tad

Ebay... sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes you're just surprised how inept some sellers are.

Purchased: 2x8GB Micron 12800E on Supermicro's HQL, RM first class for delivery by yesterday
    Received: 2x8GB 14900E, one SKHynix, one Micron, neither on Supermicro's HQL, received RM 2nd class today

Fortunately they work in the board, and whilst I could return them out of principle, I had been low-balling best offers on at least a dozen other items before this one accepted and I'm unlikely to match with another set soon looking at sold prices. I have messaged the seller and suggested he pay more attention in future though... waiting a "oh but the ones I sent are actually faster, so you should be thanking me" response.

19. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Gotta love eBay! I just received a package with some DDR3 in it for a desktop. I wonder if it's the actual Crucial RAM I ordered...?

TheMadDutchDude likes this.
  20. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

peh my order for romerors megawad Sigil CE fell through:/ so looks like i am one of the few who has missed out

to cheer me self up ive got
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]