1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Yep, totally agree. I cannot stress the importance of using those O's correctly, so if anyone is unsure, check a reliable youtube source.

As an example, if you don't use the O's, if you insert the battery into a mod that loads from the side (unlike a tube mod), then the positive terminal on the mod can drop into the little groove between the battery's button top and the negative casing, shorting the cell. Not good.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  2. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

hit 6 years tobacco free last week. still vaping ... still not choking idiots at work ...

Spanky, Vault-Tec and adidan like this.
  3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

'ere, is it me or has Eliquid massively dropped in price?

I used to pay up to £25 for a bottle of Marshmallow Man III or Choco Donuts but lately I have been getting 100ml bottles for £9.99. My last order was for Candy King Sour Worms and Belts (strawberry candy) and those too were £9 each. I also got a new one called "Loaded" 120ml for £9 odd (glass bottles with droppers).

Has the price gone down? or are they just overstock bottles I'm picking up cheap?

4. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Prices have dropped from a flooded market, although all the big bottles are no-NIC now (or should be) and people are gouging the prices on NIC-shots.

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Haven't really noticed a difference tbh, but I mix my own anyway.

6. Vault-Tec

Yeah I figured it may be something like that. I don't care about the nic I am using 72mg so I only need 2ml to make up 50ml of juice. IIRC it's like £8 for 100ml. Give it another couple of weeks when the stress comes down a bit and I will do away with the nic completely.

7. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Smok Alien has died :miffed: ripped out usb charging port, Smok Species not yet available in the UK :miffed:
    Back to charging batteries externally :wallbash:

8. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I'm surprised your Alien lasted that long to be honest - mine didn't. It was probably one of Smok's most unreliable units and the most highly RMA'd mod in their lineup.

It's getting harder and harder to get Smok stuff in the UK as most vape shops move away from stocking what they perceive to be poor quality products. Sadly, Smok is one of those.

silk186 likes this.
  9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

It's lasted me a good 18-24 months of daily use as my sole device, and I ain't gentle, never missed a beat even when dropped.
    Most stores appear to be showing the Species as a pre-order so with luck it'll be along soon.

10. Vault-Tec

I've got this Rev RPM thing now. Dual 18650 and has a lcd lol. I got it for £28 in a pricing error. Nice bit of kit.

11. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I too have a Rev GTS - really happy with it overall, now firmware 3.5 is out anyway. 3.3 was terrible. Uneven battery drain, firing delay glitches.

I would say that the screen on the GTS is a bit more power thirsty than equivalent devices but it still gets me through the working day @75w without issues.

12. Vault-Tec

Holy guacamole !

I bought a new tank a couple of weeks back and it finally arrived today, with five mesh coils. DEAR GOD what a hit. And the flavour? no burning, nothing, just pure fruit salad :D

Funny part is I can see this becoming very addictive. Like, you can literally see the liquid draining and the battery dropping with every lungful :D

13. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

That's my idea of a nightmare! One mesh coil is bad enough on the juice. I go through 30mls of juice and two pair of batteries a day with the Aspire Cleito Pro Mesh - a single mesh coil head at 55W.

14. Vault-Tec

Sorry, I meant 5 coils like separately. Like I bought a tank with 2 separate, then bought a (very expensive) three pack too.

I had to buy a new mod too a while back so I got the Cloupor. I've dropped it on wooden floors five times now and it hasn't broken. Not bad for about £23.

15. Vault-Tec

[​IMG]

Ijoy Diamond. It uses these coils.

[​IMG]

16. silk186

silk186 Derp

I prefer to make my own coils. You can buy a pack of 100 premade coils as well for cheap.
    This lets me which whenever I want.
    With something sites like VAPEABOX I can order 420ml for £16.99.
    If you want a good vaping forum, try planetofthevapes.

17. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I still wrap my own for my drippers and squonk box but for every day vaping out and about, can't beat the Aspire Cleito Pro Mesh IMO. Coil heads last me about 10 days with 80/20 VG heavy juice and give great flavour to the last.

18. Vault-Tec

Currently I'm buying 3 100ml bottles on Amazon for £17 or so. Nice flavours too. I then add 20ml of VG per mix so it's not bad. It's deffo much cheaper than it was. If one of these coils lasts me 10 days that would mean they work out cheaper than the Isub coils. Those things taste burnt within a day.

19. silk186

silk186 Derp

That's pretty good, I use a spica pro clone for my daily MTL vaping.
    I haven't tried many stock coil tanks.

20. silk186

silk186 Derp

If you are not going with something special, the site I recommended and similar ones have a wide range of flavours.
    If you are vaping something like manabush or very specific brands you won't have many choices, but the sellers do run sales.