1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Fridge freezer in the garage has decided to shuffle off this mortal coil, at a time when its at least half full and we've no room in the kitchen fridge or freezer, natch.

So I get to race around trying to find a quick replacement, instead of kicking back and enjoying my day off.

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Massive BBQ at Dave's everybody.

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

My bestest work buddy handed in his notice. It's a big pay, pension and convenience jump for him, but I'm still sad about it.

Also, Boston's Marks and Spencer is to close, I haven't been there since I moved away 9 years ago, yet somehow that gives me a sad.

4. legoman

legoman breaker of things

After a visit to the doctor, appears I hold my mouse in a very odd way but only at work, so im compressing my Ulnar tendon into the dorsal one beside it.
    To the point I actually have a red polished patch of skin there. Not only is it sodding painful it also means I have to use a wrist rest, and the work issued gel filled things are actually far far to high.
    Stupid thing is my home setup I get zero discomfort. Now looking for low profile rests and vertical mice. Joyous!

5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I have an Evoluent Vertical Mouse 4 (right handed) going spare for postage. I stopped using it because the thumb buttons keep producing double clicks but, otherwise it is fine and would do to see if a vertical mouse is for you. I use a Logitech MX Vertical now.

perplekks45 and legoman like this.
  6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'd take @Mr_Mistoffelees up on his kind offer and see if a vertical mouse is right for you, but I can also recommend trackballs: I haven't used a moving mouse since the late 90s, and I don't miss 'em. I'm currently on a Kensington SlimBlade Trackball, which is actually a warranty replacement after the buttons on the last one got a bit vague. Not cheap, but also much kinder to my thumb than my previous Logitech M570, which replaced the PS/2 TrackMan I'd been using for years up to that point.

Byron C likes this.
  7. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Thought the better half ordered an iPad Pro 9.7, turns out it's the iPad 2018 9.7. Not sure if problem for art?

8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Learned today my mum, after surviving five brain tumors since 2003, might show signs of early dementia. I don't believe in God (see earlier sentence for one of the reasons), but dear God, what next?!

9. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

It's fine for art I'd say and if you've got specific concerns about buying an an Apple Pencil, as long as it's the 2018 model they are compatible. But be careful because there's two versions of the Apple Pencil and only one of them works on the 2018 iPad and the new iPad Pro - the other pencil works on older iPad Pro only. I assume if you are using third party pencil that it will also need a double check.

10. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I may well do, does appear mostly to be this desk setup. I've gone to HR about a desk assessment (manager reckons I had one) so in theory I can get a mouse but I know from deploying kit but they may turn round an say no (they like saying no if it involves money).

My main problem is my comfortable position is to have the wrist partially rotated so the weight is bang on that location. At home I have a nice padded mouse mat which seems to be taking the brunt so I shall bring mine in tomorrow an see, if its no different I'll be pinging a mail over about that rodent.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  11. perplekks45

THIS is why Bit-Tech is still an amazing community, while other forums deteriorated over the years. Hats off to you, Sir!

12. perplekks45

Sorry for double-post, but I just had to.

Intel's pricing for the -KF chips is winding me up to no end. Same 1ku price as the -K models?!?! F*** you, too, Intel!

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I was doing so well until last night, when my landlady decided to break radio silence for the first time since November 2017.

[​IMG]

It's all lies. I think it has now gone criminal, and she's crapping herself. But it's all lies. She's not contacted me, not phoned me and no one has been to my flat or left any cards or messages. That's absolute BS.

"Mike" whose real name is Michal Maksym is a small time painter and decorator. The last painter I had in (who was her property manager then) was called David, was German, and lived in Worthing.

I am still seething with anger. I've not replied, as no doubt she will try and lure me into a "he said she said" scenario. What I have done is send the email to the ES, and PDFs of all of the time and date stamped emails I have sent her.

14. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Missus is £330 worse off a month for a benefits f-up so I've took it upon myself to pay the entirety of rent and bills while she does food & the gas/electricity meter as a way to help manage money. the more she budgets and scrimps the more she has in her pocket for spending. She's insisting on working more hours against doctors orders to which I said NO WAY JOSE

Apparently despite previously having the enhanced rate due to a serious cardiac medical condition, having multiple overnight stays in hospital this year and evidence of multiple cardiac arrests prior to that doesn't quite cut it anymore... Apparently it doesn't impact her life much so she requires no additional financial help.

Therefore we're now officially living hand to mouth at best

Anyone need a kidney?

15. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Bloody typical these days. Can stand up, you're fit... Just as bad with mental health issues. Not a homicidal lunatic, you're fine.

16. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

So on the train this morning as everyone piled out at snow hill, I was minding my own business trying to keep out the way as I stay on well past town, when someone took a picture of me on their phone while it was down by their side. I happened to be looking pretty much right at it and the flash temporarily blinded me. Now, if it had been an accident you'd expect someone to say "oh I'm sorry it just went of in my hand", but they full on scarperd out the door quick time when they realised the flash was on and I said "hey!". Still being a bit crippled and needing to stay on that train I couldn't go after them and didn't get much of a look. Only that it appeared to be a woman with dark hair. It's really wound me up.

Who the fudge was it and why on earth were they taking my picture!? Mostly I have a dread that it could be my ex who was a little stalkerish and will now know what area I live in. It's probably not, but it's not like i'm the youthful hunk I once was ( :hehe::lol:) I don't look like anyone famous. Flummoxed!

Last edited: 17 Jan 2019
  17. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Did you have toothpaste on your shirt that may have looked like ... mayo? Maybe you're about to become a meme?

18. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Odd. Maybe they thought you were that Depp boy or one of any number of boybands?

If it was nefarious goings on i'd expect you'd not know and they'd have a massive lens.

Giggity.

The_Crapman likes this.
  19. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Just beat a benchmark record and the validation file didn't bloody save. Sad Doge. Time to run the 3 HOUR benchmark AGAIN overnight

20. perplekks45

So, I just checked the actual prices in Germany. All prices without shipping.

i5-9600K: EUR 250
    i5-9600KF: EUR 270
    i7-9700K: EUR 407
    i7-9700KF: EUR 415
    i9-9900K: EUR 489
    i9-9900KF: EUR 525

Why, Intel?