1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Caught my first dogfish ever! 10 years after seeing my cousin catch one.

The_Crapman likes this.
  2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Turns out the fridgefreezer was just still inside the store warranty, so I got a full refund.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

The Housing trust sent me three postcodes today for the flats I'm viewing tomorrow. One of them though? Omg. It's in the poshest part of town above a posh cafe bistro. I'm so excited I had to take a diazepam to calm me down.

Really hoping and praying I can get that one. Inside has been completely redone too.

Argh! Teh excitements.

The_Crapman, adidan and liratheal like this.
  4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

The German course wasn't a ruse to harvest organs.

But I'm not drowning yet, so I guess that's a good thing.

adidan likes this.
  5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Das ist wunderbar inselaffe.

Guest-56605 and liratheal like this.
  6. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

This is my desk at the office - no direct sunlight, and a great view to boot!

[​IMG]

TheMadDutchDude and The_Crapman like this.
  7. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Are you standing on your desk?

maxlxyd, LennyRhys and goldstar0011 like this.
  8. Vault-Tec

Either that or he is really tall or he works in a doll's house :D

9. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Haha no there's a mezzanine kitchen area above the desk :)

10. Vault-Tec

I must be psychic. The flat I knew I would want (because of the location) was the last I visited. The first one was like a rabbit hutch but nice inside. The second one was a dump, much like mine now.

The one I liked the area of? amazing. Like, seriously beautiful. Granite tops, grey contemporary cupboards, loads of storage (it's in the eaves) and basically everything brand spanking f*****g new. And they have not spared one penny on making it gorgeous. Like, the living room roof tilts 45' and you can open the Velux and stand in the windows. Your head is about 2ft out of the window, meaning you are basically standing on the roof of the building looking at the sea. It's truly incredible. Then you shut the window and the blinds are actually built into the windows.

Now I was debating posting this in the ruining your life thread, because one of the women said "This is just to give you a rough idea of what the flats are like". But how can you take some one to a flat that looks like the royal suite in the Hilton and then say "OK, well you can't have it".

Thankfully the lady who came with me was very positive about it, and at the end when I went back into the trust to collect my small suitcase I take everywhere (rolling pharmacy, mate) she whispered in my ear "Don't worry too much, I can be very persuasive".

I won't find out until tomorrow so I doubt I will sleep much. I wouldn't care, if the place was a dump. But it is the exact polar opposite. It's like heaven. I mean FFS it even has the peel off stuff still on the stainless splashback.

I just hope and pray that I get it. If not? well it's like taking a starving man, throwing him half a cracker and then leaving him to go hungry again.

Wish me luck fellas.

11. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Fingers crossed for you with the flat.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  12. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Everything crossed for the rooftop palace V-T. I'll be in touch tomorrow.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  13. David

Sounds bloody marvellous!

Vault-Tec likes this.
  14. Vault-Tec

It's beautiful it really is. There's even a small walk in closet, that uses up an odd space in the roof. There is a computer in the wall as you enter, telling you all sorts of stuff (there are several panic buttons too). And because of where it is I could literally bugger off for a month and leave all of the windows open, because there is absolutely no way in. The stairs are a slog, but I was amazed at how easily I got up them. All of that riding last year has made a huge difference.

Then of course on the 45' wall there is an enormous storage space about 3ft high and 3ft deep going across the entire living room. Then there is a boiler cabinet in the bathroom again with loads of storage space. But the best thing? it's fully double glazed, so I won't have to pay rent for 3 months in the winter and not even actually live there.

It's literally turn key. All it needs is some curtains for the bedroom, but they have even fitted the rail and hoops. So if I get it? I will be real picky about what I actually take. The sofa is a given, my ex coughed up a kidney for that, as is the TV which I can't wall mount but I think I found the complete stand for it today, and the manual with all of the screws etc.

Then there are about 5 perfectly placed velux windows, all of them allowing you to see the sea. I wish I could have taken some pics, but I didn't want to tempt fate. At least if I don't get it I will eventually forget what it looks like :D

Arboreal likes this.
  15. Vault-Tec

Update. I was woken this morning at 10am with an email noise on my phone. I didn't get to sleep until gone 4. They have asked me my permission to contact the mental health centre to try and get funding in place. That's it really, it will take a few days. However she hasn't said no, and would be contacting them for a reason with any luck...

Basically there are two ways I can get it shaken. Number 1 is that I pay £36 per week for the care worker (two hours a week). So that's quite a bit per month, but I would happily pay it. The second thing they can do is get the mental health centre to approve me getting social funding, and thus I won't have to pay the £36 per week. Which, I would imagine, is what she is doing now.

So yeah, very nervy, but trying to remain positive. Good thing is that I am due a visit to my shrink next Tuesday, so if nothing's been heard I can gently apply my toe to his ringpiece.

16. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

16 weeks of back-dated Maternity Allowance and Child Benefit payments came in - £1900 just after Christmas (and while missus is bringing in zero income) is a WIN.

Means I wont have to cover her personal outgoings until she goes back to work now (on top of all the house bills, rent and my own personal outgoings!). I won't be rolling in it by any means, but it's a hell of a lot of pressure off my back.

LennyRhys and IanW like this.
  17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

The Astell&Kern arrived.

I'm genuinely surprised how well it throws music at my k550's - something the temporary X5 has failed to do with quite so much exuberance.

It is mildly irksome that the library is limited to 10,000 tracks. But I don't find the folder browsing to be as laggy as other users had lead me to believe.

The volume wheel is also not as irksome as I expected since you can lock it with the screen off. The very harsh angles actually feel right in my shovels - but I can see how they wouldn't appeal to those of a more 'normal' build.

Although it has instilled a desire to at least try the AK70.. Which might be expensive.

18. David

Came home to a couple of official looking envelopes:

The first one was a ppi cheque for £2k from a bank I haven't dealt with in almost twenty years.
    The second one was from Southern water - My account is £300 in credit.

I've had worse days. :)

LennyRhys, goldstar0011, IanW and 3 others like this.
  19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Did you chase that up yourself mate?

Sooo, another massive BBQ round Dave's everybody! :)

IanW, liratheal, David and 1 other person like this.
  20. David

Did it through the Which? website. It takes seconds to put your details in and they fire off an initial letter for you. After that all correspondence comes to you - which is surprisingly little, considering the 30-40% all these PPI claim firms charge for "taking care of all the hassle for you".

Here is the link for anyone interested - Clickety-click

adidan likes this.