1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

You guys tried Driphacks? I think they are brilliant value for money if you buy your VG ( 1Litre @ 3.99 ) etc from them. The hackshots for 250ml £8.50 are great value and its good juice. Just bought a couple from Kernow flavours too that are .. tbf outstanding , Bluebena for the Ribena fans and a Lime slush which is one of the best ive had. I looked at Vape-a-box and the juice they offer on those deals from people like Vape Street etc seem like Ebay juices and are not really that good at all.

2. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I used to use Vape-a-Box a couple of years back, pre TPD rule change, and I paid something like £45 a month for 200ml of premium american juice. Not cheap but the flavours were unbelievably good.

3. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I second DripHacks. Also, for the same type of thing, try Flavour Boss Boss Shots. Same principles, similar prices but more flavour choices.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

5. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Proof of age required for delivery.... what a joke. They're Nic free but means you can't have delivered to a safe place because of that retailer's dumb policy....

Without nicotine, what you essentially have is flavoured shampoo (minus the soap) so why force proof of age???? Dumb bell ends.

6. Vault-Tec

IIRC that was EU law. Everything says it on now. It could be worse.. All of the liquids, even coils etc cause cancer in California and have to have the warning stickers on saying so.

7. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I buy replacement coils through amazon, no ID check required. There should only be ID required on anything CONTAINING nicotine.

8. silk186

silk186 Derp

The UK requires ID checks for kitchen knives, I don't have an issue with all smoking/vaping products.

9. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

It does require ID checks for kitchen knives, correct but for vaping products, it's only applicable to those products containing nicotine - of which a coil or nic free juice is neither.

10. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

The TPD is vague on the matter of labeling and requires harmonsied standards or country specific legislation to flesh it out, no great surprise to anyone given that electronic cigarettes shouldn't be in the TPD in the first place and are only there because the EU bent over and took it dry from tobacco and pharma companies.

UK regulation does require any product which could be used with nicotine liquid even if it is sold without it to bear the warnings.

The TPD does not age restrict vaping gear, UK regs might not either and I CBA to look though them all right now.
    But it is easier fora retailer to age restrict everything rather than certain bits n bobs, it also has another effect, it shows them playing the game so takes pressure off and lets UK market authorities go about with a light touch approach.

If they didn't and they came down hard things would be very different, child proof tanks anyone, anyone got a tank that can't leak, anyone have a system of transferring liquid from bottle to tank which prevents spillage or any contact with the liquid?

I appreciate it can be a ball ache, but it's better than what it should be if the TPD was enforced fully.

11. Vault-Tec

Yeah a lot of the awkwardness of vaping has been put in place because the tobacco companies were peed off.

12. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

OK so I could be arsed to look;
    The Nicotine Inhaling Products (Age of Sale and Proxy Purchasing) Regulations 2015 is the puppy you need to look at. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/895/pdfs/uksi_20150895_en.pdf
    Regulation 2 age restricts anything with nicotine present, fairly understandably and I don't thin kanyone would complain about that.

Regulation 3 does age restrict any nicotine inhaling product, and that would cover tanks, mods etc. and could even be interpreted to include coils, wicks and even batteries.

13. Vault-Tec

skinned my first 18650s today. Wasn't terribly hard, though I did encounter two issues. 1. Hold the wrap down bloody tight, or it does a sausage and pulls along. So I had to use another one on that.. 2. Try not to blast the donut things with air, as they blow across the room lol. Managed to rescue that :D

silk186 likes this.
  14. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Anyone find a decent 72mg/ml supplier?

15. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Didn’t think you can get that post TPD?

16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Not from a vape supplier you can't, they're limited to 20mg/ml by the TPD, but that shouldn't mean you can't buy it elsewhere.

17. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Surely anyone selling liquid nicotine to general public is by definition a vape supplier?

18. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

It's a little bit grey.

19. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Have you seen the thing in America about a mystery lung disease possibly caused by vaping? Judging from there being a small cluster of 4 states in the north, then california as an outlier, seems more likely to me to be a contamination of some sort, rather than soley caused by the act of vaping.

adidan likes this.
  20. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Not seen it, not read either yet (early!) but from how you describe it it sounds like it could be one of many things.

It's probably the fault of video games though...

The_Crapman and MLyons like this.