1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete ⭐ SPARTACUS / MOD OF THE ARENA

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 25 Dec 2017.

1. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

Yeah dont have a problem with laser n co either. Just like real handmade more when its a competition.
    Yes you are right. Those rails were a pain in the neck. Drawing then sticking tgem into hhe frame. Then the hardest partcwas threading thatdwire through them am all roung the corner without them snapping off again. Took ages while msny keot breaking ☺

2. abbas-it

Quote; even if it gets really hard to follow with you bouncing from different details..

Well, thats because i really do have loads of details i guess. Even i get confused

3. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

Spell check went afk for a bit back there but i think we got it :thumb:

I was a bit miffed @ the show this weekend that ppl asked how much it cost to get all the laser cutting done .......

i kinda felt insulted.

4. abbas-it

@ defiant, well that is on one hand a compliment, but on the other shows that folks arent used to seeing real hand made art anymore and automatically assume its automated. thats a shame. but like i said, if you can use your hands and produce stuff that fools folks into thinking it must be machine produced, then cheers.
    but yes, you are right, we do want them to know we walked the extra mile to get things right dont we.

thanks to all for nominatiing SPARTACUS amongst the great mods for mod of the year. good luck to everyone on the list.

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Say it with me: "I AM THE LASER." :D

6. abbas-it

@Cheapskate, lemme elaborate on that in a quick poem :)

My mind has VR
    My vision is C, A, D.
    My left hand`s a LASER
    While the right `s a CNC
    Imagination has no limits
    No boundaries or walls
    I will even handforge my coffin
    Before the final curtain falls.

Cheapskate and kim like this.
  7. abbas-it

Wow, Mod of the month in December and Mod of the year. I dont know what to say. Thanks Bit-tech.
    Am really grateful to all who thought it worthy and voted. Congrats to the other category winners too.
    In the world of modding everything is changing day to day with all the automotive tools we have like cncs, 3d printers, lasers etc.. Thats why this means a lot to me because even though I use these tools too for customer builds and commissioned stuff, I have done my best to seperate my art from all that and keep its strictly hand made.
    SO special thanks once again. I have been nominated quite a few times, but never made it to mod of the month or mod of the year. This Hattrickwith Lagertha and Spartacus in modding update, mod of the month and mod of the year has really started my modding year 2019 start with a bang.
    The skill and creativity was a high bar to reach again this year with some great mods out there.
    Thanks to all the great very motivation remarks in this and all other mods threads I posted sofar. Now I am off to the Dreamhack in February and hope to be able to Live Jury there too. The German Championship is always tough because they literally disect the mod.
    Anyway, once more thanks to everyone and dont forget, Only hand mad is man made.
    After the mod is before the mod, so watch out for the next mod, coming soon.:)

Arboreal likes this.
  8. Huskybongs

Huskybongs Minimodder

Reading through this log was a joy. Reminds me a lot of the warhammer hobby for some reason. N1

9. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Congratulations! :D
    The case mod winner is always a surprise since it's up to individual tastes. I like to think that the fact that you totally obliterated any hint of the original case or even that it was a computer is what put you on top. The sheer amount of awesome details made anyone NOT voting for you a puppy kicker or similar monster.

10. abbas-it

IMG_0755-79569.jpg Ali-on-Tour-Titel.jpg avatar pic.jpg 39395263_1870657753028905_8193416751602466816_o.jpg IMG_0755-79569.jpg Ali-on-Tour-Titel.jpg avatar pic.jpg 39395263_1870657753028905_8193416751602466816_o.jpg Hey guys hows it going. guess what happened, I won the DCMM with SPARTACUS too.
    What a roman thracian rampage. MOTM, MOTY and now German CHampion at the DCMM held at the Dreamhack. am over the moon.
    I beat m,yself though and made second place for the electro mechanics too. Yes I mean beat myself because I made first place in that category too with my CE-Mod.
    EEEEHHHHAAAAA, was a blast.
    When They announced SPARTACUS is german champ, I took out the sword and ran onto the stage. you should have seen the security guys, Ireally though I was in for a thrashing. :)
    Am really thrilled to bits...
    ITogather with 4 other mods it is going to the ROG Convention on the 12th of April. Maybe some of you are there too.

Last edited: 2 May 2019
    Vognen and Defyant Mods like this.