1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays G-sync on Freesync.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xxxsonic1971, 7 Jan 2019.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah it's decent once I adjusted to it being TN. I do miss the IPS of the 32", but I do like gaming at 100-140 FPS. Especially in action titles that are faster paced and helped along by the response times :)

Thewelder likes this.
  2. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

I've just read that Samsung 4K TV's now support freesync, so they must also do Gsync maybe? If so, i dont think i'll get a monitor-just a massive samsung tv instead...Hmmm.

3. Thewelder

Thewelder What's a Dremel?

Are 4k tv,'s 120hz/1ms yet or better?? Most are a sluggish 60hz/5ms for gaming....yet look Amazing for movies!!

Oled tvs are but $$$$$$ :/

xxxsonic1971 likes this.
  4. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

freesynch works well on sammy tvs, but theres an issue it has to be direct to the tv and not through an AV amp when using the xbox one x , i am pretty sure it will be the same for connecting the a pc to the samsung screens

Thewelder and xxxsonic1971 like this.
  5. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Some also have some panel controller limitations: you can have UHD VRR but only to 60Hz, or VRR up to 120Hz but only at 1080p. And depending on firmware you may get either a solid-on backlight (no FALD, so no HDR) or brightness variation as the FALD backlight controller is unable to cope with varying refresh intervals.

Thewelder likes this.