1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Sorry for your loss, fella. It’s never easy losing a beloved pet. :(

So, more on the snow... it’s as high as my footwell around my entire truck and the truck bed is filled to within an inch of it overflowing. Tomorrow’s drive to work will be a good one...

Maybe I should take some time to go to an empty parking lot and have some fun! :D

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

That moment when you are 3 hours into a print and realize that you forgot to change the height of one component. ****! :lol:

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Some absolute mugs decided doing construction work at 3AM on a Monday morning at the train station next to my house was a good idea... Wonder how their CEO would react if I stood outside his house with one of the saws they're using

4. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Must be emergency work or something - we were never allowed to use anything meaty/loud until 7am at the earliest when I was in the construction game!

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Yeah we had similar not long ago, if its an emergency its allowed.

Also, Why you so slow write speed MX300!!! Something is mis behaving thought the drive was failing but seems OK It should be far higher than that.

[​IMG]

6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It's especially annoying as they were doing that rev thing people do when they get a loud tool. they're using some hammer and a saw of some kind. Takes the mick. Like why not doing it Saturday or Sunday morning instead of Monday.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Have you got trim enabled, 'cos if not either enable trim or manually trim - a massive loss of write speed is normally a symptom that the cells have all been written to but not blanked afterwards, so the drive is having to blank then write each time.

8. legoman

Sternly worded letter to your local MP demanding the workers have sound insulation panels erected round them while working?
    Should have gone an asked them for some of the excess thermite, has loads of great uses, like on the bonnet of local MPs car

It "shouldn't" be but ill check, its been chuggy since migrating to a new board so you never know what oddities are occurring. I'll investigate tonight. Also didnt realise my other drive was only a 240Gb one. May have to change this.

9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

If @MLyons' MP is as much use as our local Tory brown-nose, he might as well just flush the letter down the toilet and save on postage.

10. MLyons

He's a right mug. Disagree with him on most of the votes he's done. He disagrees with same sex marriage and equal rights for homosexual couples. Voted for nearly all conflicts we've been in and didn't want the smoking ban. https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/11172/mark_prisk/hertford_and_stortford

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

*Looks at MP's name* So... One letter off then?

12. MLyons

Oddly enough when he visited our school a few of us clocked onto that. He didn't do a very long speech.

13. legoman

The phantom drive, something very odd occurring here

E:\>fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify
    NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)
    ReFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

So TRIM enabled yay! Go into optimise drives to check when it last ran, drives not there, go into file explorer, its there...

Going to say its dying slowly but ill chuck SiSoft at it later, bit annoying but suppose it could have been worse

14. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Clients Expecting the Moon on a Stick for 50p. Sometimes I hate being a freelancer.

Fingers66, Arboreal and MLyons like this.
  15. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I'd expect you to finish it by yesterday, as well.

MLyons likes this.
  16. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Ahh yes, it's not like I have other clients. And it's normally the ones that pay the least that shout the loudest.

Arboreal likes this.
  17. legoman

Same most places isn't it?

Customer "I want this fancy new thing"
    Me "No, because X Y and Z systems wont work on it"
    Customer "Humph" *bashing noises sulking and tantrum*

Two weeks later...

Customer "Whys this not working"
    Me "What, when did you buy that"
    Customer "Two weeks ago, I really liked it"
    Me "I did tell you this wont work"
    Customer "Yes but its new an better"
    Me "You know XYZ wont work at all now"
    Customer "It will that's what we pay you to sort out"

That's how it usually goes isn't it?

Also SSD is still chugging slowly towards death pulled all the data I need off it an replacement is on its way

18. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Well this is off to a bad start, came how Monday to no water (gladly he has a mate at United Utilities who sorted off teh books!) seems my water feed is through the neighbours garden,to make it worse there's so 1940's looking drain feeding into their newly made foundation holes, they would be able to continue much until this is sorted. I've let them dig up some of my garden to investigate, yeah, something needs sorting.

Annoyingly the building have already told us the neighbours belive it's our issue to sort, well guess what, I have no money, this issue does not affect me!
    Come speak to me in person!

Going on my honeymoon tomorrow morning for 10 days, not leaving stress free now! Thanks

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Barebones Manufacturer: "You'll need a GPU to review this."
    Me: "Hey, GPU Manufacturer, can you lend me a GPU?"
    GPU Manufacturer: "Yeah, we can lend you a GPU."
    Barebones Manufacturer: "It'll need to be under 98mm tall."
    Me: "Hey, GPU Manufacturer, is the GPU under 98mm tall?"
    GPU Manufacturer: "We don't make full-height cards that short."
    Me: "Bugger."
    Barebones Manufacturer: "Oh, actually, our spec sheet is wrong, we've just put a 113mm-tall card in the case."
    Me: "Hey, GPU Manufacturer, remember how I said that card was no good to me...?"

I'm still only up to... six confirmed machines on this group test. I need ten minimum. <sigh>

20. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

The utter waste of oxygen that makes up the companies Logistics Manager/glorified secretary/complete busybody.

There is an order that needs to go out this Friday, she's been on my case since last Wednesday, I have told her a dozen times it will be done by Thursday AT THE LATEST (realistically tomorrow). Could she just let me get on with my department and keep her f&$%ing mouth shut? No. She has to go flapping to the company owner who starts getting on my case too (via G-chat).

I haven't missed a production deadline since I was SEVENTEEN YEARS OLD, let alone the 3 years I have been here.

I honestly find her unbearable at the best of times, but now she has pissed me off royally. She thinks she's getting any favours from me, she can think again. I'll take some snips to her brake hoses first...