1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Sounds like a plotline from south Park involving Mr garrison, before he had a sex change and became a lesbian...

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I should probably point out that this is all as per my understanding; I'm not transgender, so I've no first-hand experience of the process. I do, however, have a few transgender friends, and they've helped my education on the matter enormously.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

OMG. I'm absolutely floored..

That moment when you Google your old best chum from high school and find out he's one of the best horror movie makeup guys in the world.

He's even on IMDB. I can't believe it. He used to be three times that size, and his nickname was "Paul Diet"

4. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Jesus cat-petting Christ.

Do you guys want to know how it is from one trans person parenting another trans person of the opposite gender? I know that it's not easy to decipher from the outside. I knew as young as three. But instead of supporting me my family beat me until I acted cis. As I got older my peers beat me until I acted hypermasculine. I didn't come out until 35.

My son, on the other hand, came out at nine. His mother (my fiancee) was super supportive and still is. She knows I plan to transition. She still loves me. But we can't get hormones here due to being in tiny ass southern Alabama town. I'm close to paying off a large bank loan and when I do we're moving to Oregon. At least there my insurance will pay for hormones.

There's a hell of a lot more to it. If you want to know more then let me know, we can drag it to Serious if you want.

5. The_Crapman

My wife has passed phase 1 of her police training. As well as the classroom training during the day and the course work in the evening, she's had to look after my crippled ass for the last 3 months when I should have been supporting her. So proud of her.

Her first posting is in Beruit Newtown, so we best make sure the life insurance is up to date.

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Posted this today at 7 in the morning in the "What's ruining your life right now?" thread:

4.5 hours later @spolsh PMs me and offers a free key he got with a bundle a while ago. Thanks, man! And that's exactly what we talked about in another thread recently: BT has a great community.

7. The_Crapman

[​IMG]

Arboreal, perplekks45 and MLyons like this.
  8. Vault-Tec

Just got word from the powder coater that my STA (stronger than all)

[​IMG]

Should all be finished on Friday, which just so happens to be my birthday :D Went for gloss black

9. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

TWO EFFIN' SAUCE SACHETS IN MY KING POT

/thread

ElThomsono, adidan, Byron C and 4 others like this.
  10. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Best buy a lottery ticket.

11. Vault-Tec

Eeee ya spawny get.

Byron C likes this.
  12. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Today, I have gone from this;
    [​IMG]

To this;
    [​IMG]

13. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

New website is up and running after some server help from @yuusou

IanW, adidan, Wakka and 3 others like this.
  14. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Laura's had an annoying cough for ten days, it's finally abated to the point that I got a full night's sleep, uninterrupted, waking naturally five minutes before the alarm went off.

I should commission a painting.

The_Crapman and Arboreal like this.
  15. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Speaking of sleeping - our newborn has slept through the night pretty much since he came off the feeding tube. He'll go down between 11 and 12pm, maybe have a grizzle at 3/4am because he's lost his dummy, then I have to wake him up most mornings at 6am for a nappy change and feed before I go to work (after which he'll go back to sleep for an hour or two).

I don't expect it to last, but i'm grateful for now!

The_Crapman and Arboreal like this.
  16. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

The first payday in what feels like several years (since the week before xmas).

The_Crapman, perplekks45 and MLyons like this.
  17. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Isn't payday typically a monthly affair? :confused:

18. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I get paid early in December to assist with the festivities, I don't think it's an uncommon thing?

As a result, it's a long time before January rolls by.

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I mostly get paid on time in December. Well, apart from the one client who was a month or so late this year...

20. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Huh, maybe it is... just checking I got paid on the 21st December, and my payday is the normally last business day before the 28th, which in December would have normally been the 27th. Although I'm more inclined to think that's simply a matter of making sure people get paid on time, since there's a lot of cogs in most payroll machines, many of which may stop moving over the holiday period.