1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Anthem

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by damien c, 12 Jun 2017.

1. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

This looks like it could be really good and I am going to be keeping an eye on it.

It looks like it is going to be similar to Destiny which for me after playing Destiny as much as I have I cannot see that being a bad thing.

After watching the gameplay reveal though it also seems to have a feel of Horizon Zero Dawn and a few other games.

Release date from what I have seen is around November 2018 for all platforms.

I think this could be another game I play alongside Destiny 2.

2. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Exactly my take on it. Looks like Bioware's Destiny with a sprinkling of Titanfall and I mean that in a really good way! Keeping an eye on it.

3. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Looks cool, one to keep an eye on for sure.

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

It sounds like it has potential.

It has a tested engine in the form of Frostbite.

Nice mixture of genres.

*crosses fingers*

Also, if you give me that Colossus suit with some form of gatling gun, I'm happy as a pig in youknowwhat.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Was watching the Xbox E3 stream segment on this and all i could think was 'So this is why ME: Andromeda was a mess... you were busy working on this instead...'

Did look pretty though...

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

IIRC I heard somewhere that it was a different part of the development company working on this and another part on MEA.

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Dingdingding!

ME1-3 Were Bioware Edmonton, MEA was Bioware Montreal. Montreal was created as support for asset creation. MEA was their first full fledged game. I believe some ME1-3 staff ended up at Montreal, but by and large the team was wet behind the ears.

Anthem is Edmonton.

8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

It may or may not be real, that can't really be determined for now, but:

https://www.techpowerup.com/240655/...e-model-paper-foretells-a-dystopian-nightmare

While things like company / game name are censored in the leaked slides the Anthem screenshots are not...

9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Anyone playing this, this weekend?

I am on the list of people for Closed Alpha :clap: might be thousands on it, but I get to play it this weekend, rather looking forward to it.

Just not allowed to record/stream or publish anything about the performance etc.

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Activision Blizzard have absolutely not been using data gathering to manipulate the odds of items in loot boxes for a couple of years now. It's no surprise if EA is working on something similar to manipulate the likelihood of the player spending more money.

Of course, this assumes that the model is in any way sustainable. We've already seen plenty of times this year that growth in the non-mobile games industry has pretty much ground to a halt. Whilst at the same time so many games have free to play style economies that players can't possibly afford to put money into them all. EA's already had a bunch of critical and commercial flops this year, it seems the market is saturated.

We'll see how this all relates to Anthem soon, but I guess it will either be a huge, genre redefining smash hit, or the last ever Bioware game.

11. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

12. Hex

I don't know why, but my hype has really cooled down for this game as we approach release. I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but eh... it looks OK I guess.

Anyone in the VIP demo this weekend? If not there's an open demo next weekend (Feb 1st - 3rd) on PC, PS4 and XB1.

13. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Looks like just about as generic a sci-fi grindy looter shooter can get.

Destiny, WarFrame, Global Agenda... too many pages from other people's books.

14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Bored already watching it on Twitch :sigh:

15. Hex

I think this could be a big part of it. At first I saw Destiny + Titanfall and I like both of those so that was neat! But it seems to have tried to shove too many things in and I honestly don't even think it looks that nice. I keep hearing "OMG it's so pretty" and wonder if I'm looking at the same thing they are because it doesn't look that pretty to me. The numbers flying off I thought were an alpha thing, but they still appear to be around and I don't know... I hope it's good once it's out and we know how well the servers cope and how many people actually play it more than a month after release. But I'm not hyped for it any more and I can't see myself buying it on release.

I'm not too sad though, it saves me money and I already have enough games to play. Destiny 2 & Monster Hunter: World keep me busy enough as it is with so many things to do.

Mr Happy likes this.
  16. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Well, just sank a few hours into the demo and got my Colossus.

Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun with this so far. I had kind of figured that Anthem would be right up my street and indeed it is! :)

17. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I really am not sure about this.

I have sunk about 2 hours in to it, when I have actually been able to play it, what with the infinite loading screens, crashing, server issues, menu not working etc etc.

Graphically it looks good, to me this is what a game releasing this year should look like even at 1080p, I didn't see any graphical issues, no massive frame drops or stutter it was really good.

Sound, well this is probably just because of the demo but it was stuttering on the menus, stuttering during gameplay but when it wasn't stuttering it sounded really good.

Performance I was pretty much running at over 120fps most of the time with some dips below 100 but it never felt like a drop like that it was still smooth and that was running mostly at high with AA, HBAO and Post Processing turned off on a 7700k and 1080Ti.

It really does feel like a mixture of Destiny and Warframe but I don't mind that so much but I don't see a great deal of Destiny in it, but from the little amount of Warframe I tried it does seem much more Warframe than Destiny.

Whilst playing it I did notice I was constantly running out of ammo with very little ammo dropping, and with what looks like no way of swapping out weapons whilst playing it can make it quite difficult to progress if you don't manage to find ammo as you are reliant on you abilities.

Whilst moving around the "Fort" not being able to sprint or jump is annoying hopefully that will be changed in the final release.

I will be keeping an eye on it, but I think with The Division 2 coming out so soon and knowing what it's like I don't think I will be playing anything but that which is a shame for this game but things might change.

wolf5ster and [ZiiP] NaloaC like this.
  18. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I can only comment on the videos I've seen, but it looks a bit souless. Like they made a pretty game and a big game, but where is the game? The big selling point they are pushing is flying around. But that will get old after a few hours.

I get that they don't want to spoil the story, but as it stands it looks pointless. Like the huge open maps in DA Inquisition or ME Andromeda. Huge maps with nothing but grinding. I hope I'm wrong, but I really aint looking forward to this. Wish they had just made Andromeda properly and then got busy on Dragon Age 4. Who needs another Warframe, with added EA-sauce?

Hex likes this.
  19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

That pretty much sums it up for me too. The 'numbers flying out of enemies as you shoot at them' genre isn't one I find very engaging to begin with, but this looks even less engaging to me than Borderlans/Destiny/Division/Warframe.

Of course what I really want is Halo: Reach but played on the same scale as Planetside 1, so maybe I'm impossible to please.

Hex likes this.
  20. Hex

I don't like ragging on games that aren't even out yet, but I am glad it's not just me who feels this way. There's just something about this game that does not spark joy! I can see the player-base dying off a bit after launch, but after that it's anyone's guess as to how they handle it. We've had quite a few AAA games that have been like that and turned it around lately. But also plenty that were just left to die.