1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Privacy crap on every website

Discussion in 'General' started by CrapBag, 23 Jan 2019.

1. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Agreed. When a site tells me I need to turn off my ad-blocker I just close the site and go somewhere else. I already trust all the major sites I use, so if I google something I want to know and get hit with that message they loose my clicks, views and all that jazz.

Eurogamer did this to me just a few days ago. Well now I will never visit their site, ever. Foot, themselves shot.

2. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

The worst GDPR issue I've had so far would be HMV over the weekend.

Pre-ordered the Venom steel tin edition with HMV after seeing it in the cinema.

My bank account was a Duo account meaning I had 2 different credit cards attached to the same account, one of which was American Express (who are now are no longer offering cards in the UK), Instead of my bank just replacing the AE card (or even just cancelling it as I still have the other non-AE card - which is the one I used to make the pre-order) I get sent a new card with a new number to replace both of them. However HMV's website will not allow you to update the card details attached to the order (due to GDRP) so their advice was to cancel the order and try to re-order (despite it now being out of stock, and the chance of me catching "my copy" going back into orderable stock is pretty slim).

edit: and with that an email just came through to say it's back in stock. :rollingeyes:

Last edited: 4 Feb 2019