1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals USB extension for peripherals.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by silk186, 15 Feb 2019.

1. silk186

silk186 Derp

I have been wanting to game after moving into a new flat but it seems that my computer placement has my Xbox one wireless receiver just out of reach as it frequently disconnects. I the receiver is near the wall so I can either try a USB extension, USB powered hub or an active Extension Repeater. My computer is a little over 3m away from the sofa so I don't want anything overly complicated or costly.

Does anyone know the range of the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10?
    How long can I go with a USB extension cable without going active?

2. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

goldstar0011 likes this.
  3. silk186

silk186 Derp

I read that but I wasn't sure if that was actually true in practice or theoretical. I remember having trouble in the past with extension cables that were much shorter than 5m. I also notice that most extension cables on Amazon are 1-3m.

4. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

You just need to do a bit of quick googling, bud. The general consensus if 5m (assuming a quality cable and connectors). If you're only 3m away from your adaptor and it's DC'ing, then get a 2m extension and be done with it.

FWIW, I have an amazon basics 5m USB3 extension cable for my rear Oculus sensor. It never DC's.

Last edited: 15 Feb 2019
    silk186 likes this.