1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Awesome :thumb:

Vault-Tec likes this.
  2. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Grab the o2 Wi-fi app from your local AppStore. It’s free. You don’t have to be on o2. You’ll sign on to o2 Wi-fi hotspots for free automatically. There’s more of them around than BT in my observation anyway!

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Can't seem to find that 'ere - just a bunch of customer-only stuff that doesn't do Wi-Fi.

IMG_20190220_203449.png

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Final Fantasy IX on the switch. Ten hours deep and maybe half way through 'disc 2' if memory serves.

It's interesting seeing which character models have been deemed worth an update, it seems to be largely just the player models, but. There's still time. And my memory might have faded so it all looked this good to me in whatever year it was.

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I publish one crappy little 5-minute video showing Star Citizen running happily on Kubuntu Linux to Youtube, and I get a subscriber! :eeek:

adidan likes this.
  7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Pressure is on now!

Get making vids you have an audience to satisfy. :)

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Study* makover has begun! Making room to add a green screen.

*(Posh name for my computer hole)

9. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Papa johns for lunch :thumb:

10. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Then you can ask for donations to fund the production of your videos - in the true SC spirit of things!

MLyons likes this.
  11. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Then just deliver 540p sub standard videos and nothing else you promised

12. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

The daylight window for cycling to/from work is pretty much open - it's been stuffed in the boiler cupboard and unused for almost 6 months, so it will need a good strip down, clean, everything re-greased, lubed and torqued etc.

But the weather is meant to be pretty good over the weekend, so I know what i'll be doing...

...probably swearing loudly while trying to get a tire to seal tubeless

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Wahey !

Sofa man is here about to clean my sofa. Behind it I found an Airwalk cap I bought about three years ago lol. I never even noticed it had been lost.

14. Vault-Tec

You rotten influence you !

Tandoori Spice inbound, with some Jalapeno poppers. It's literally the only place in the entire UK that does proper U.S diner style poppers.

Oh and I had my sofa professionally cleaned too. Only one blood stain that would not come out :D

Next time I stack a bike I won't come back and flop onto the sofa haha.

15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Five days excercise in a row... 30 minutes per session. 240-280 calories burnt a time.

Drenched in sweat, but man do I feel good

Now to relax

(Don’t worry I won’t post this everyday!!)

goldstar0011 and Vault-Tec like this.
  16. Vault-Tec

No pain no loss!

17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Let us know how you get on, I'm due a switch but reading nothing but negativity about Voda and the kit

18. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm not going to be using the router - I'll just be changing the username and password in the one I've already got. Cable.co.uk rates it fourth out of 20 for customer service, which ain't bad, and I know from past experience (being a Vodafone mobile customer) that I spend way less time on hold with Vodafone than I ever have with BT. Broadband's user reviews are a lot more negative, but I do question whether some of 'em are PEBKAC issues - like the person who says "they expect the customer to open the bt socket which is illegal just so they can run tests" (that's not even close to being true, disconnecting the faceplate from the master socket and plugging the router into the BT socket behind is a common first-step test 'cos that disconnects all the internal extension wiring and rules out interference from other devices in the house - and it certainly ain't illegal.)

I'm hoping that by not using the apparently-woeful bundled router I'll dodge most of the issues - but we'll see. If it does turn out to be crap, I'll cancel in the cooling-off period and go back to BT with my tail between my legs!

mrlongbeard likes this.
  19. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Is there a reason for the BT return rather than someone else?

I know they're not cheap by comparison (Business package focus more than home user, but.. You're a SOHO, right?), but Uno (Formerly Xilo) have always been stellar for me. Their tech support has always been good, the two times I used it anyway, the billing support is also good. Basically the experience was positive all round. I even once got a credit because it was down for about 12 hours over night. It wasn't a lot, but.

I was on their 100gb 80/20 fibre package with a static IP, just scheduled my downloads for between 8pm and 8am mon-fri and went nuts a the weekend. Never had so much as a sniffle about over use - Although they did have configurable alerts if I recall correctly.

The control panel from the login page was pretty comprehensive for a broadband connection, much more akin to a reseller control panel than an end user control panel.. I enjoyed their service so much when I moved I had the phone through them too - But I can't comment on call quality as we never had a landline plugged in.

20. Gareth Halfacree

"Better the devil you know," innit.
    Not much use for me: like you say, I'm technically SOHO (but I use home broadband service 'cos I'm also a skinflint) and the vast majority of my usage is in the middle of the day when I have to do things like download operating system updates or new drivers or a shiny new benchmark or whatever RIGHT DAMN NOW.

I've just had a look, though, and Uno's now claiming the SOHO stuff is "unmetered" - could be worth a look if Vodafone turns out to be crap, but right now I'm just hoping everything goes smoothly!

EDIT:
    I'm feeling a lot more confident now I've seen that BT's reviews are just as terrible. I've been with 'em for ages now, and while I had no end of trouble in the early days I haven't had to call customer services in at least a couple of years - no issues bar the occasional brief disconnect, usually at night, which I only notice 'cos my server disconnects and reconnects to IRC when it happens.

Last edited: 22 Feb 2019