1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Anthem Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 20 Feb 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Quickly scrolled to the bottom to see how good/bad it was and saw no awards/anything. Thought "oh god" read the rest of the article and realised it's basically what I was hoping it wouldn't end up being - all flash and no substance.

I expect Bioware to go the way of the dodo soon. :(

3. rma

rma Minimodder

I enjoyed the demo/stress test enough to buy a cheap key off cdkeys.com but am regretting now I've read so many mediocre (at best) reviews :(

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Got to be one of the funniest articles I've read on bit. Looking forward to the follow-up article about the specific mission.

5. rma

rma Minimodder

Having read a few reviews now, I'm sure it's the "stop storyline progression and do shed loads of busy work" that everyone is appalled at!

6. Fizzl

Fizzl What's a Dremel?

So yeah Apex servers were down, I thought maybe I could give Anthem another look having previously slated the bits between the combat as wasting my time. I loaded it up, looked around, remembered I had to walk across town to talk to some guy before I could proceed, closed it again and went and painted a wall instead.

Paradigm Shifter and MLyons like this.
  7. pbryanw

pbryanw Minimodder

I wonder if they're the "Tomb" missions that Ars Technica flagged up in their review? Apparently they were so bad, they got flagged up as "The ugly" in Ars' review summary.

8. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

This has to be the most damning comment about a game I've read in recent years that simultaneously manages to make me laugh. "Negative recommendation: I'd rather go paint a wall."

Hex and MLyons like this.
  9. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

I knew it would be all sugar, no substance from the first teasers and trailers. From what they did to Dragon Age, to the direction they took Mass Effect in, the writing has been on the wall for Bioware for awhile now...

Sad, because Baldur's Gate, KoToR and the first DA:O are probably all in my top 15/20 games of all time.

10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

And here is the 2nd most damning one, courtesy of an email from amazon who are absolutely desperate to get rid of unsold copies...

desp.jpg

11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I find it hard to believe that "ANTHEM5" is a unique promotion code...

12. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Feel free to use the code and share it with your mates, I won't be held responsible if the game is as boring as common sense and reviews suggest though:p

I just found it interesting that amazon would do something like this... I mean I buy all console games from them and I've never seen such an offer before, so that unsold Anthem stock must be really wasting space in their warehouse.

13. ZippyDSMlee

ZippyDSMlee What's a Dremel?

Is this not what the industry and consumers want? Bland content filled with endless grinding so you can buy things to make the grinding a bit easier? Say what you will about ME:A but at least it was heading in the right direction, yes the story was meh but the game bit, you know levels,skills,items,equipment, pacing, map layout,ect was not that bad... ME2 was atrocious and choped up for DLC and ME3 was not much better, story will always be 2nd to me but if you skimp on equipment/skills and level design I am out, a shame 2 I want to like DA 2-3 but I can't DA1 on the PC was limited in some ways(did not like the skill system much) but not a mindless button masher like 2-3..... Bioware is dead..... Fallout and The Elder Scrolls are a joke now, Dishonored 2 was decent much better than the bugy un optimized mess of Mankind Divided, Prey is not bad a bit bland but not bad, Arkane can still make a decent game.....I hope Outer Worlds by Obsidian is everything Fallout was meant to be a more... even if tis new vega's with less bugs its better than the live service propaganda we are fed... is single player so bad? is higher difficulty so bad? Dark souls is easy to make casual but something like Skrim is a headache to make complex or at least decent.....rather than spam out games why not make them right the first time then put in an easy mode of casuals. Something like Dark souls but as easy as Zelda for co op or PvP in easy mode and hard or harder than normal DS mode..tho DS is mainly a game of trail and error, once you grasp the move sets the game becomes easy enough still I want a deep world to plunge into not a 9 to 5 job like most MMOs even then they are boring without friends, same for the mindless PVP at the end of the day the meta or live service is boring and over balanced into the ground. I miss UT clans and customized load outs, you could always find something new and interesting...gameplay just seems so over sanitized these days..... uhg I ramble to long ><

.... get off my lawn!

Tags: Add Tags