1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

[​IMG]

Here is the titan as uploaded, the green parts i have gone in to add polygons such as the upper legs shown above, while the blue components i have grabbed from other models ( such as the hip and knee pads from the Warlord scaled down )

the Carapace and head are the two i need to do the most work on, but with the complex curves needing to be smooth, i feel its currently well beyond my ability to fix

2. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

Another before / after shot

Almightyrastus likes this.
  3. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I really must remember to look at this thread when I am at home. So many images are blocked here at work :(

4. lilgoth89

also, when my plan for a full 3d printed titan Maniple hits the table, that will be straight up 20k points
    the warlord titan is 6k points on his own, the 2 reavers are 4k points, and the 3 warhounds are all 2k points
    then add my imperial knights, marines and guard, and i will likely be close to or even over 40k points

5. Almightyrastus

Nice, always loved the reaver head-shape

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

7. lilgoth89

i saw that, but... LOOK at that gap in the roof panels... i cant believe that in a £1300 model...

8. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

For the first time in a while, I am genuinely excited to see what comes out of the Las Vegas Open Day.

We know Abaddon is coming in less than 26 days (I'm assuming it will sell out instantly) and that there is the new Shadowspear boxed set with a fu**-ton of new Black Legion and Primaris marines (all new sculpts apparently).
    The new Primaris scouts look absolutely epic and I regret having recently bought a box of the old ones.

9. lilgoth89

[​IMG]
    Spotted on an FB group... several things jump out at me

A) Armiger knight from FW
    B) looks suspiciously 3d printed ( you can see the lines on the smooth carapace, edges and the base of the claw )

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I was under the impression that Forge World have been using printers for several years now to reduce the cost of resin casting moulds and produce stronger models than the often brittle resin ones.

11. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I misunderstood about the Shadowspear news, it's not out until March and we have to wait for details.

I reckon I'll pick up a box for all the new Primaris models.

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I know they've been CAD designing a lot (Last I heard the character series was still hand sculpted), so it makes sense that they'd prototype at the very least on a 3D printer or several.

13. Almightyrastus

Yup, the last I heard that made sense was that, whilst some models are still from hand-made masters, more are moving towards CAD designed with 3D printed masters with the silicon moulds for the resin then made directly from the cleaned 3D prints. Depending on the tech used to print them, it is entirely possible to see some layering still present.

14. Almightyrastus

Been working on one of the new Genestealer Cult characters, the Nexos. Some strategy type fella. The map on the viewer is a layout of GW's HQ and I wanted to do something that would point out my old office, so I added on the arm with the servo skul and the fricken laser beam as well as the antenna on his handset (can't beat a bit of good old flame-stretched sprue...). Still very much a work in progress as far as the paint job goes on it, a lot of it is still far too flat, but getting there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fix-the-spade, Blademrk and liratheal like this.
  15. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

went to warhammer world the other day. if you in the area i highly recommend exhibition.

Almightyrastus likes this.
  16. Almightyrastus

I keep meaning to do that. I only live about 15 mins drive away and although I have dropped into the shop a fair few times I have not been around the exhibition.

I used to be the one giving tours around what they referred to as the "museum" before the big refit and the store moving upstairs (talking mid '99 here). The museum had several of the games day displays in as well as the "life size" costume and prop displays. And yes, I did dress up in full marine armour from time to time... (because I could). Doing that and digging through the old molds for the metal models was a lot of what I did at the time. Looking back, I wish that I had had some of the rare figures in the old molds cast up, there were a lot of fun prototypes in there.

17. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Managed to pick up the big AoS observatory terrain piece yesterday (been looking at it for a while but it's disappeared from the GW webstore, so it looks like it's been discontinued). The guy in the Cardiff branch did a bit of phoning around and managed to find one in the Swansea branch and picked it up for me. Now I just need to build it.

I've been practising blending using a wet pallete on a Thousand Sons Terminator cloak (ignore the blue on the main body, I just blocked it in as a base coat, but I think I need to go a bit darker to start with). First time I've used the wet pallete since I bought it.

[​IMG]Wip Thousand Sons Sorcerer (Cloak)

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  18. [ZiiP] NaloaC

One set of Ambots ordered :)

Some details from the Shadowspear box have leaked. Few interesting units for the Primaris range at least.

19. Almightyrastus

20. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Made some progress on my Plague Marines recently, they're nearly done, just a few detail bits left.
    [​IMG]

Just bought a nighthaunt and paint set to give me something different to paint, might get the soulwars nighthaunt army once I decide on colour scheme. Quite easy models to paint as there's not too much detail.
    And I've also started painting my Skitarii tech priest dominus
    [​IMG]