1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The Division 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 6 Feb 2019.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I did pick up a couple of peices of the gear the gives 10% lmg damage, so I may work that in. Not sure what I'd give up though, 7.5% total armour is a big chunk to lose, 10%headshot damage helps make the mk17 the death machine it is and my current m60 has a perk where bodyshots buff headshot damage so it plays into that, but the 15% armour on kill gives a lot of sustainability. Might have to take an initial hit on my armour to keep that sustain.

Taking a night off tonight as the misses is feeling neglected, but she's on shift all weekend so plenty of playtime to work stuff out.

2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well I am now about 38 hours in and just hit world tier 2 this morning, slowly gearing up and swapping out High End items for Purples because they make my gear score higher for the next strongholds to get to world tier 3, then start the grind for gear again to get to world tier 4.

I found a Purple Urban MDR when levelling up and it was awesome, can't remember the names/models of the weapons that I am using now but it's a rifle and sniper.

Been round collecting some SHD Caches as well and oh my one of them is a pain, it's the one on H Street and 24th St, I spent nearly an hour trying to find how to get it and eventually took to the good old google and found it.

Still not done any of the PVP yet, but trying to get my mates on at the same time is a pain mainly because they have kids etc so they don't get alot of time other than when they want help running a mission :sigh:, so I will try it at some point but probably a solo run through the DZ.

Can't play to much today because I am waiting for my American Offset Smoker BBQ to turn up, only a cheap one of Amazon but wanted to get one for a while now, so if it turns out ok when I actually use it next weekend, then I may look at investing in a more expensive one.

3. The_Crapman

Noice! Is it one of these badgers?
    [​IMG]

I ordered one off ebay but they sent completely the wrong bbq and a ton of charcoal I didn't order. It also came 2 weeks late so I got a full refund for non delivery then the tin foil thing turned up and went straight in the recycling bin. I ended up getting a similar style of bbq buy without the offset smoker bit, but still good for smoking as you can closest off. I know someone who does a bit and he recons you're better off spending your money on nice cuts of meat and good quality wood chips than anything more fancy than an enclosed bbq. Unless you want to so bigger volume and then you go full smoker.

Back on topic, I'm still spending far too much time fannying around, trying to tweak my setup even though I'll probably pick up something better in 2 seconds. I think I'm up to 35 hours and level 21. But I enjoy it, trying to optimise and refine is what I like to do with pretty much everything, even the washing up! :hehe:

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Yeah it's one of those, the amount of BBQ's that we have it means it's going to get alot of use so worth it.

I have been watching video after video on youtube by all different people, and learning what I can but until I start doing it that's when I will learn properly.

I am hoping it arrives at a decent time today so I can get it built, seasoned and try it tomorrow but will have to see.

The_Crapman likes this.
  5. The_Crapman

So just got the recalibration bench. Boy is that ****! I get only being able to transfer stats between the same type of item, but it won't even let you transfer a stat between different coloured items, eg from a blue holster to a purple holster, nor will it let you transfer an offensive stat onto a defensive stat slot. Then I found something I could actually transfer and improve my setup, I had a 20% damage to elites on an old purple mask, only 8% on my current, so transfer that over and it gets capped at 11%! Ffs! It's gonna be ridiculous trying to optimise a build, as you're gonna be more reliant on God rolls dropping cause you sure as **** can't optimise existing gear much, especially as so many of the weapon talents have specific stat requirements.

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Not tried the recalibration bench yet, but from the videos I have seen on youtube it looks like they have ruined it and made it basically useless, unless you have that almost god roll weapon or piece of gear that just needs the one perk to make it a god roll, and then it's all about trying to get a piece of gear or weapon with that on it to transfer it over.

7. The_Crapman

I'm fine with only being able to change one stat, was the same in the first one only you'd need a large pile of cash to continually roll the random stat generator until you got the stat you wanted at a decent level. I thought this was meant to cut that **** out in that all you need is a peice of gear that's the same type but with the stat you want and you move that stat over, replacing one you don't want. Great! The amount of gear chests littered around the map it'd be easy to find a throwaway peice with the particular stat you want.

But say I get a chest peice that's great, high armour roll, the talents I want, but has bonus stats of armour, hazard protection and critical chance. I don't want hazard protection, but some crit damage to go with the crit chance would be great. Nope, not gonna happen. Can only replace that hazard protection with another 'armour' stat, like health, health or armour on kill, protection from elites...

So basically forget it. It's so limited it's ridiculous. Other than swapping weapon or gear talents I doubt I'll be using it much unless they change it.

8. The_Crapman

Just had the last strong hold to complete this evening, thought I'd wait till after before collecting all the loot from the control points. Only as soon as I'd completed it I got punted into the first world their and missed out on a whole bunch of gear. Great.

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

well you got WT5 to look forward to on friday as well as the final stronghold and the 8 man raid. cant wait

10. The_Crapman

Will probably take me another 75 hours to get to world tier 5! :hehe:

Will probably try and run through the world tiers quickly now. Didn't want to rush going through the main game as there'll probably be a few hundred hours spent in the end game, so wanted to play through the story as enjoyably as possible and had a great crack doing so. Time to knuckle down now though I think.

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

tbh its quite easy to get to WT4 as WT's jump upon stronghold completion, you just need a certain gearscore to get into them which can be gotten by simply playing and looting.

12. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

Sadly I've not had much chance to play this due to work recently. As I'm still playing through missions etc with friends it's slow going waiting for us all to get online at the same time.
    Last night we just completed the first of the black tusk strongholds to open up world tier 2. I enjoy the grind, so having to gear up again to do the next stronghold is perfectly fine by me.

I do find the recalibration very frustrating - especially when i am gearing up - I'm finding it impossible to get a high skill score. I'd just managed to get it over 2000 when i moved to WT2 and now i have to change all of my gear again. The first few items i switched to left me with a skill score of ZERO. It's so frustrating not being able to switch over the skill from one item to another - what's even more annoying is I might have another 6 items (all backpacks for example) and yet it still says I can't transfer things to my new item. I'm sure I will get used to it eventually, but personally I think there are too many variables and only allowing one change is very restrictive.

I'm really enjoying it a lot but all my time is PvE, sadly I tried PvP and it's everything I thought it would be so won't be doing any more of that. Thankfully it looks like there will be quite a lot of PvE solo and co-op stuff to do, so I will be happy grinding away for that ever better gear. As long as all the gear is available in the PvE zones I will be happy, no matter how long it takes to get it. If they ever go back to locking down specific items to PvP areas only then I will quit playing.

13. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

So yesterday I decided to try something with my 2 machines.

First machine which is my main gaming machine has the following in it

I7 7700K at 4.5Ghz constant
    MSI Z270 Tomahawk
    Corsair H100i
    32Gb Corsair 2400Mhz ram
    MSI Gaming X 1080Ti
    Corsair 1KW PSU

Second machine which is strictly a media server and a machine for recording game play using an Elgato HD60 Pro and OBS

Ryzen 7 1700X at 3.4Ghz never overclocked and it doesn't boost, probably because of cheap board
    Asrock AB350M Pro4
    Noctua NH-D15
    8Gb Corsair 2400Mhz ram
    Gigabyte Windforce 1060 3Gb
    Corsair 450w PSU

So on my main machine I get from the benchmark at the settings I run the game at, which is 1080p with a mixture of Medium, High and Ultra settings on various things.

GPU Usage is 75% to 99%
    CPU Usage is 100% nearly all the time I am playing the only time it drops is in the menus or safe areas
    Ram Usage is at 11Gb

Frame Rate of 117fps

So I took the ram and gpu out of my main machine and put it in the second machine as I wanted to see how it performed in this game.

Ran the game at the same settings.

GPU Usage 50% to 60%
    CPU usage 30% to 50%
    Ram Usage 8Gb

Frame Rate 60fps to 90fps.

I noticed both machines need a real good clean as the room my machines are in get quite dusty so both machines are full of dust, so if I get time today as I have some work being done on my car I am going to clean them both and when I have finished cleaning everything I am going to rebuild them and do a fresh install of windows and the game and then, I am going to run it again.

I am thinking the low usage may be either due to a windows issue or a power issue, as even running it on the Ultra preset still only used the GPU to 80% and the CPU to 60% and got 90fps.

Last edited: 28 Apr 2019
  14. The_Crapman

That's weird. Your main rig stats are pretty much the same to mine, but I have more gpu usage (normally high 90's) and 10GB ram usage on ultra settings.

Last edited: 28 Apr 2019
  15. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Yeah I don't run it at ultra.

Stripped both machines down and cleaned them today, these PC's were cleaned 2 months ago!!

Now I have not given it a proper in depth cleaning, like I did 2 months ago but gonna have to look at what is causing so much dust.

H100i from the main machine

[​IMG]

NH-D15 from the 2nd machine

[​IMG]

Fans before and after

[​IMG]

I tried the game again after a fresh install of windows and the game with the Ryzen 7 1700x, 32Gb Ram, 1080Ti, 1KW PSU and the performance was the same as before.

Just finishing the install on my main machine so will check it again later dependent on what time I get finished with everything.

16. The_Crapman

2 months!? :jawdrop: That's odd colouring as well, looks like wood dust.

Hex likes this.
  17. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Yeah just 2 months, we have house work going on so I know that is contributing to it like plastering and some flooring etc, but I normally clean it every month so it's not normally that bad.

18. The_Crapman

Ah plaster dust. That'll do it. That stuff stays round forever too, lingering like a dirty old man in a lingerie shop.

19. The_Crapman

Anyone had a go on the raid? Really want to get in but the clan I'm in is just me, my brother and his wife. And they're no where near ready. Was supposed to involve my little bro but he proper flaked after wasting a lot of my time on opening day :rollingeyes:

20. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

There's only 4 of us in the clan I'm in and only 3 of us are playing regularly. We tried waiting by the chopper for over 30mins one night, but gave up as we never got more than one person to join with us and stay long enough for others to join.
    We tried it with the 3 of us and wiped out in no time at all. Why they released this without match making beggars belief. Still, nothing they are doing with the game at the moment should surprise me.