1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme 280 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 22 Mar 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Interesting review, particularly for those of us who value the noise and cooling benefits of water without all the cost and hassle of a full custom loop. Considering replacing my Corsair H115i with one of these now...

I for one regularly switch out components in my rigs so full custom is pretty much a no-go.

Always quite liked Alphacool stuff - my main rig currently sports a Zotac 1080Ti mini wearing one of these I got very cheap in the January sales, except instead of using the crappy supplied fans the rad is simply mounted behind the (very good) front intake fans in my Dark Base 900. The result is a GPU cooling system that adds no discernible noise to my rig and keeps the delta on the 1080Ti under 30°C in even the most demanding benchmark sessions.

Noice.

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I think these prefilled units are great, both Alphacool and EK's MLC offer full watercooling without any of the fiddlyness and pita of full custom loops. Because there a MASSIVE headache if you upgrade or need to do any maintenance. I'd recommend them over a diy kit.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

For the last 2-3 months I've been running a GPU on air and I gotta say it's been heck. It made me realise just how romantically invested I am into the world of water cooling. It can be a pain but if you settle down and don't serially fiddle with your rig it soon becomes heaven.

I like kits like this. It may get people into the sport.

5. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Do you think this kit can cool both a CPU and a GPU? Say a 9700K and a 2080?

6. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

I'd say you'd want another radiator, I know I would.

I've had to return my first Eispumpe-VPP755 and the replacement is sat on my desk as it would just stop working whenever it felt like it, should have returned it but couldn't be bothered with the hassle of sending it back to Germany again. I honestly think it's down to the placement and stress of the power cable entering the pump, it really needs to be revised so it comes out the side.

Tags: Add Tags