1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Orac3 project question!!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Cpt.Crappy, 12 Nov 2003.

1. Cpt.Crappy

Cpt.Crappy What's a Dremel?

ok, you know how he put the molex cables through that shower hose well i under stand how he did that, but did he also put ide cables through the hose too..if he did, i would really like to know how, cause i play on doing that and i dont know how to take apart a ide cable or if you even can..but could somebody tell me please..thanks :geek:

2. Dremel

Dremel What's a Dremel?

mm.... im not sure on that one, maybe he just turned it sideways and it worked :)

3. Cpt.Crappy

Cpt.Crappy What's a Dremel?

4. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

The connectors unclip at the sides if your careful and can be removed from the cable.

5. Cinco5

Cinco5 What's a Dremel?

I think he just used the kind that come in the tubes and shoved them through sideways.

6. Pistol

Pistol Guest

most likely he removed them...however I'm reading another thread in which a person put the connector in sideways and pused the shower hose together, then pulled is apart, then together, then apart, slowly working the connector through the tube...

Heres an idea: pull it through the thing with some string!
    (you're gonna have to twist the IDE cable (or cut it and wrap it) for it all to fit at once in the shower hose)

7. ATi Loyalist

ATi Loyalist Who throws a shoe?!

he has SATA hard drives, they have reeely small connectors, easy to fit thru shower hose

8. Goldberg

Goldberg Minimodder

Not sure about that. But for the DVD drives I think G-gnome will be using a siver rounded cable.

9. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

I haven't done my IDE or SATA cables yet - just the power. When I do what I do with them you'll know thru updates to the project log. ;)

:)

BTW, SATA connectors are too large to fit through the shower hose and would look a bit rough anyway with just hose end (no fitting will fit right).

10. ATi Loyalist

ATi Loyalist Who throws a shoe?!

oh sorry, i just remebered seeing sata connectors, but i looked and they were the sata power, not the sata data.

11. ngk

ngk What's a Dremel?

i've just seen people cut the sata cable then put sleeving over it and then re-solder it and heatshrink it....then finish it by pulling the sleeving all the way to the connector....

12. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

the SATA drives are the ones that use the Red cables and are said to be really fast in transferring data since the data speed transfer has been increased by the new cable?

Recent'y I haven't really been checking up on harddrives i need to replace my 40GB it's not coping ! :blah:

13. JazzXP

JazzXP Eh! Steve

I've got a nice blue UV reactive cable on my SATA drive... looks pretty good. It's got a nice silver braid inside, so that wouldn't look too out of place in the Orac3 anyway.

14. Mr.Nonflex

Mr.Nonflex What's a Dremel?

I need to put some sata cables through a small hole in plexi, and everywhere i ask for sata connectors, they say you better not do that, because its not good for the transferrate. :worried: