1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Music streaming service alternative/advice

Discussion in 'General' started by David, 16 Apr 2019.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

OK, I admit it, I quite like my Amazon Echo - I even coughed up the £3.99 per month for Amazon Music. In fact I was so impressed that I got a second Echo for the other end of the lounge, so we could hear it at either end of the lounge without ramping up the volume. Setting it up as a stereo pair is not really an option due to the distance they are apart - my desk is at one end and the sofas etc are at the other, so stereo setting sounds weird.

Problem is, Amazon Music only allows one device for the £3.99 pm, and wants us to cough up £14.99 just so we can have the same song coming out of both of the echos.

I think that's a rip, so I've looking for either a way around it or an alternative service that's cheap and Alexa compatible.

I know I can just google it - I am - but I value the thoughts a recommendations of my bit-tech bros.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited: 16 Apr 2019
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I'll admit I know next to nothing about Alexa but can you not just pair it up via bluetooth to other speakers that don't have her hiding on them too?

3. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

We use Spotify Premium Family, up to 6 accounts for £14.99 per month, normal premium is £9.99 per month, you can link Spotify in the Alexa app.

4. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Quick read, multi-room is only on a different supscription as you've figured out, not sure anyone else is offering it other that Amazon Music

5. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

+1 for Spotify Family Sharing, add a few Sonos zones (2 x Play 1s and a Connect), add Alexa skills and you get a multi-room audio with voice controls.

Eg, Alexa, play "Spotify Playlist Name" in "Kitchen".

Mr Happy likes this.
  6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Sonos speakers are expensive but bloody good at what they do. Why not find a friend to half the cost of Spotify premium. You then get 3 accounts each!