1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Anno 1800

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 22 Aug 2017.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Will most likely get it when I get paid next week. So what actually is the game? It looks good but I don't get what it is if that makes sense lol

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

build a city and the necessary production and supply chains to make them happy is the basic gist of it. obv its a lot more complicated than that.

[​IMG]

3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Make a colony basically. Build houses, peasants require x,y,z. Build buildings to produce X,Y,Z peasants get happy and become citizens.

But citizens are a**eholes and aren't barely happy with just X,Y,Z and also want A and B too. A and B may require more than just one building but not too bad, oh and citizens also want to feel a sense of community so build a community centre. Got all that? Good, make sure you don't run out of them.
    Now citizens are happy, they become merchants.

Merchants are p***ks and want X,Y,Z,A,B and also C&D. C&D can't be made on your island, so go settle another and set up trade routes back to supply your greedy Merchants! Also build more buildings! And you have a fire, did you build a fire house? You didn't?! Well there goes the neighbourhood. Now your slightly chargrilled Merchants are happy? Good, they become nobles.

Nobles are t**ts. The want alllllll the things, and you may not have them on your island, so go get more islands and set up trade routes!

And if you have any AI, you may need to acquire some of their settlements or trade - war and combat in anno is pretty basic, IIRC the older games had more. Oh and there are pirates, they steal your s*** and would definitely download a car.

There are also different types of civilisations, so you'll get access to, in anno 1404, orient buildings that basically follow the same as above but have different production trees and you'll require some of their items to keep your westerners happy otherwise america will invade .

Oh and there's also mother nature who will come along and rain on your parade with a tornado or exploding volcano - unless that's 2070.....Can't speak about the campaign as I said, I've not done it. The above is an accurate representation of free play.

There's some tit on youtube called nanosuitninja that has done a few videos IIRC, might be worth a look. I think Gunsmith would agree on the tit comment :p :D

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

yeah that guy is a complete ****.

5. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

1404 definitely if you've not played before, personally think it's the best in the series so far (haven't played 2205).

Just a city builder with a focus on production chains for keeping people happy so they upgrade so they need more stuff etc.

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

BUGGER IT.

Technical test was running from 27th Nov till 2nd Dec, and because my uplay was on my hotmail address, which I don't check, I completely missed that I'd been selected to participate, and now I've missed it, as it'll end at 6pm today, and take me 3 hours to download it, :waah::waah::waah::waah::waah:

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i was part of the tech test, could tell it was an early build.

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Anno 1800 is out tomorow night at 11pm for us in Bong land.

been stuck in the final beta all weekend, its really rather good.

9. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Seems like they've done it well, but I'll be waiting before getting it, probably until the DLC is out and there's a complete collection tbh.

10. GeorgeStorm

Managed to play a bit of the open beta this weekend, skipped 2205 as it didn't seem to be a 'true anno' game (at least not in the ways I liked it).
    So far seems pretty good and think I'll be getting it, but may do the same as loftie and wait a bit for a game of the year edition or similar.

11. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Just remembered another reason to go GOTY, 2205 had a season pass that wasn't going to have all the DLC. Roughly still when season pass included the bigger DLCs, though people moaned and Ubi caved in. I foresee this one having multiple season passes if the game is popular :rollingeyes:

12. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Not sure on whether to get this yet, probably won't untill it drops a little in price. Wasn't blown away by one of the Betas, just didn't seem to click with it, didn't feel different enough (I know anno can't get much different, but every one since 1404 has had a pretty big change). Actually went back and played an old 2070 save afterwards and enjoyed that more.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

you know what, I'm going to agree with that because I'm not enjoying it all that much either. I cant quite put my finger on it but I'm bored playing it. 20 mins in and I'm shutting it down in favour of something else.

14. GeorgeStorm

That's a real shame to hear, I got the feeling it was a return to form after a meh 2205?

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

it basically fixes all the things that 2205 broke but does nothing new. the industrial revolution was a killer idea to bring back the R&D from 2070 but instead its just a visual change and some production chains to reflect that. there are nice ideas in it such as the newspaper (which is a global modifier), single tile farms allowing you to fill in the nooks and crannies, but they're not enough to carry the game imo, they feel more like side mechanics then actual core gameplay changers.

theres no sense of awe in it either, 1404 we explored the orient and interacted with essentially a support faction, 2070 we had R&D, pollution modifiers and eventually the exploration of the sea, 2205 we had workforce, multi sector gameplay with different rules for construction, expandable plants and went to the ****ing moon.

in 1800 we do......what?

16. GeorgeStorm

Ah 2205 introduced workforce? Didn't realise since I skipped that one as it didn't seem as Anno-y.
    Maybe I'll try picking that up and leave 1800 for a while then.

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

2205 had some nice ideas but it broke a hell of a lot of the foundations in implementing them, they thought that the endgame would be so complex that reducing the initial micro would help players manage it better, they didn't realise that the endgame wasn't that complex at all. if you can pick up the complete edition for filth then id say yeah go for it but be prepared, its less anno-y than 1800.

18. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Having hammered Anno 1800 since release, I would find it very hard to go back to 2205 now! I love the visuals of 2205, the modern production chains and future techs, the varied regions etc. But the performance is poor compared to 1800 and the region switching is in 2205 is so slow compared to 1800, which is near instant when switching from the 'Old World' to the 'New World'.

Anno 1800 is both beautiful and seems fairly well optimised, charming in its own way. I like it!
    I think a lot of the enjoyment from Anno comes from if you enjoy creating and optimising production chains to support progress and expansion. It scratches a similar itch to Satisfactory.

19. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Currently on a flash sale at Ubisoft 50% off at £24.99, and if you get the 20% discount code for 100uplay points it drops it down to £20.

20. daveypro

daveypro Minimodder

have to say, loved 1404 but finding the multi world thing with 1800 a little too hard to like, too much going on across the 3 (is there more?) different worlds but its great just wish the ships were faster to get them bl@@dy pirates.