1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Board is dead. Rest seems to have lived. X79 is so expensive again for some reason.

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Why exactly?

3. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

A certificate issue disabled most extensions yesterday. They did roll out a fix pretty quickly though.

perplekks45 likes this.
  4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Big garden job = lots of waste = multiple recycling centre trips

I hate going there, it tends to have 5-6 overly macho
    guys ‘running’ it. They are entirely useless, literally no point in them being there. They’re obviously looking out for chargeable waste which is absolutely fine but when you go chat about something they care very little until you’ve got the bag 99% into the container. ‘that can’t go in there!! Oh... you’ve done it now, for **** sake’ Me: “I’ve literally just asked you and you said it was fine” Him: “well I didn’t see at the time” WTF!?

You always see someone pull up loaded up with large cumbersome objects with no help, they just watch people struggle. I’ve actually found most people ask the help of strangers to lift big items rather than the employees.

That is unless said items have value in which case they’ll end up in the back of their cars to be sold on Facebook or eBay later. There was an incident recently where a brawl between a few guys and employees happened. They’d assumed the multiple hundred pound tool chest in the back of their van was for the recycling centre so they helped themselves to it.... a few years previous a few power tools vanished from another van, screen shots appeared later on Facebook of the culprit and a post asking if anyone wanted to buy them!!

5. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

[​IMG]

Been an awful ride, but hopefully one that'll be over soon after a final push.

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I hate going to the "TIP" or the "Recycling Centre".

If you turn up in a van then you have to have a license to empty it there, because they say it's commercial waste.

If you turn up in your car with a trailer that is fine, but you better make sure you have everything on the first run because you cannot go back that day with another load unless you have a license because they class it as commercial waste.

They will not help with anything, and they will inspect your stuff first to make sure that anything that might have some possible value or possibility of being fixed, and then sold is put to one side so that they can "ensure it's dealt with properly".

My brother has had them try to help themselves to stuff out of his work van, to bad for them he didn't take to kindly to it and warned them to put it back or he will "take" it back, the blokes that tried it thought they could easily handle my brother, that was a mistake they didn't know about is Army background and what he was whilst he was in, I just stood back and watched and laughed as he lay them all out on the ground.

I now make sure everything that I take there is fully destroyed and not usable or repairable in the slightest, and I also make sure that we load everything in to 3 or more cars and then go as a convoy of cars so we don't have to wait till the next day to take another load.

7. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Not for those if us who was running FF56 with legacy extensions and not those on tablets. Mozilla turning into as big a control freak as google, apple and microsoft.

8. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

No such problems on Opera, with Vivaldi as back-up.

9. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Now using opera on tablet :)

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  10. wolfticket

It's not wholly surprising that fixes are not forthcoming if you are using an unsupported and dated version of the browser. I think you should have moved to Waterfox sometime ago if you wanted continued XUL and XPCOM extension support.

11. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Ordered a replacement LCD/digitiser assembly for my lad's Kindle Fire 10 and put it all together, only to find out that whilst the screen works fine, the digitiser doesn't.

Adhesive hell.

I always test these things before I assemble, except today for some stupid reason.

:wallbash:

12. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Its the reason they broke it thats annoyed me. Absolutely no need.

EDIT: The curent up to date version on my partners pc still has her extentions down. Firefox has become a sack of crap in the last few years. Shame as I used it from the start.

Last edited: 5 May 2019
    The_Crapman likes this.
  13. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

You have to fill (to the overflow) the bath when putting the sealant on. That way the bath is reasonably strained while it sets, about halfway between you being in it and empty.

14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

...that make so much sense, and I had *no idea*. Ta!

15. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

My mum is having a psychotic episode. Which mean I am having a panic attack and puking up banana milkshake. I don't know how my dad keeps things together I really don't. So far today we've had violent screaming rage and for the last five hours it's been sat on the sofa and hypervenetlating and sobbing and saying she wants to die. I've been trying ot help her but this all out of my depth, i just want her to stop crying. i am such a **** son.

16. wolfticket

The hotfix was rolled out via studies, which is on by default but needs to be enabled in "privacy and security>data collection" if it was turned off (I know this because I did). You can then turn it back off once the hotfix is installed, which for me happened quickly.

It was a big error, but it happens and nothing really has changed in regards to how things work.

17. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Being a total amoeba & not looking far enough into the new monitor I bought... despite one comment, here, that by GPU wasn't up to the demands of the new unit. :(

I now know that monitors 'take' signal rather than 'get fed' it.

18. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

...more than replacing the CPU, too...?

19. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

What do you mean?

20. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Was already still on my partners pc (I would have switched it off too), still nothing. They have no intention of helping those of us who rely on legacy. A simple way to switch off signed add ons would do for now but they are not even going to do that.

Narked me when they changed over before but their blatant disregard for users who didn't want the new overkill crap in a supposedly open source system, forcing everyone to have their hand held without advanced options for people to switch stuff off, has me finished with it.

I need legacy as I love using fire ftp for uploading websites (best software I have ever used for it), and have an adblocker that I can choose individual bits/scripts/items to be blocked on the page. Adblock stopped doing that after firefox changed to become the chrome clone they are now.

Waterfox for me and Opera for everyone who comes to me for pc problems from now on. I used Opera before Firefox was born so will have come full circle..