1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

That a 4K monitor takes the signal it wants, whether the GPU can supply it or not... I thought it was the other way round.

2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Jeff, I don't get a budget for replacement parts. If something breaks it may be months before I fix it if at all. Fixed income does not like 200+ USD boards.

3. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

@KayinBlack - bit like me & my monitor, that now looks like needing a new(er) GPU... :oops:

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Still don't really understand, you choose what resolution and hz to use with the monitor?

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Neither did I until I'd done it with it empty and it split and peeled everywhere the first time someone had a bath :rollingeyes:

Other tips I've picked up is to warm the sealant before you use it. Fill your sink with hot water and rest the tube in there for 15 mins or so so it's warm and it'll flow MUCH easier. Also get a finishing tool. Pro's can make it look perfect straight off just running the nozzle at the right angle, but for a layman it's far easier to whack loads on and then scrape the excess off. Try and scrape it in one continuous go. If bits spill or remain either side you can go back after, but get the shape in one stroke for the best finish.

A sturdier gun is definitely worth it too. The cheap plastic ones absorb a lot of the pressure bending and flexing and make it harder work.

6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Aye, a finishing tool is an absolute must, both for getting it to look good and for getting the sealant into the gap thoroughly. Putting some masking tap above the gap before you apply the sealant also helps to get a nice finish, but just be careful when removing the tape not to pull the sealant away.

7. KayinBlack

Someone breaking my Extreme Edition's motherboard through refusal to listen and not having the money to replace it is not the same as buying a monitor and not being able to drive it.

Anyone want a 3960X and 32GB of RAM?

8. GeordieStew

GeordieStew Minimodder

Now now...

Guest-44638 likes this.
  9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Are you suggesting that no matter what resolution you set in Windows, a 4K monitor will "take" a 4K signal from the GPU?

10. KayinBlack

Just frustrated. There's no money to replace the board and I'm tired of no PC. It's not anybody here's fault. If it's anyone's its mine for letting somebody use my PC. And that pisses me off the most-that all I can blame is me for trusting them.

11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Want, possibly... can afford/can afford to make working pc with... that'd be a nope

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

*slow realisation dawns....*

Ahhhhhhh, yes, that makes a lot of sense...

13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Or get a cast iron bathub, those feckers don't flex, ever.

The_Crapman likes this.
  14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Or just remove the bugger and leave the pipework for any future buyer to put one in.

We will have a lovely spacious bathroom with just a shower unit, space and storage.

Not had a bath for, well, must be about 20 years.

15. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I wondered what that peculiar stench outside my house was...

adidan and The_Crapman like this.
  16. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This Chinese case that fell into my boot. Don't have any screws including the ones for the glass side panels. I've done a great bodge job and I'm hoping I don't wake up to shattered glass everywhere. It's making this build a right pain.

17. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I don't like baths, so boring. It's not like I when I was little and had a 'diver man dan' to play with i've probably had 3 or 4 baths in the last 20 years and then only because of an operation where I couldn't get something wet, which is easier to achieve in a bath. And after I did the shed roof and was plastered in tar and needed severe soaking and scrubbing.

18. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

:worried:

As the great orator Shaggy once said, "it wasn't me".

19. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Well; I was under the impression that the GPU sent the signal & if the monitor said, "Is that it...?" the monitor dealt with it and switched accordingly... or have I had a 'brain-burp' & reverted to CRT thinking...?

Nor do I - can't get (read afford) one wide enough to lie down in; yes, I'm a tad portly, and...?

20. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Set my alarm for a nice day out on the water, loaded everything up, headed to the slipway, unloaded the boat from the trailer, rope gets caught and drags the boat along the concrete floor luckily taking no damage. Parked the car, locked the trailer up, jumped on the boat, lowered the engine turned the key ready to go out to the high seas and the bledy engine wouldn’t start. I’m now floating too far out to get back to shore in this boat with a knackered engine! Some guys with a power boat turn up and tow me back to shore. I wait awhile for the ramp to clear so i can load my boat back onto the trailer without getting in peoples way, these chaps “want help getting that on your trailer?” yup! Boats back on the trailer i take a wrong turning into a street which is a dead end… then have to take the trailer off turn it wrong manually, swing the car around and drive home. At home i learn how to bump start the engine :p, could of went out anyway!

3rd time lucky next weekend i guess?

IanW and MLyons like this.