1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Show us your pets

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by 666painkiller, 20 Apr 2013.

1. daniduarte

daniduarte What's a Dremel?

Angel
    [​IMG]

Mr Happy likes this.
  2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

3. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

My boys are growing up:

Mr Winston
    [​IMG]

And young Master Freddie
    [​IMG]

Kronos likes this.
  4. alfizzle

alfizzle Ooh aah just a little bit..

Sky:

[​IMG]

Leila & Peanut :

[​IMG]

5. 666painkiller

666painkiller If only....

latest pic of molly.... DSC_0015.jpg

first time on stairs as we live in a downstairs flat.....

Mr Happy likes this.
  6. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

7. bionicgeekgrrl

bionicgeekgrrl Minimodder

Poppy. We got her just over 6 months ago now.

A rescue from Dun-Roamin'Rehoming. Before she came to us she had known 5 former homes (2 failed rehoming attamatt) and passed around unwanted.

A 20 month old staffie cross (crossed with what ee don't know, my thought is pogo stick).

Lovely and friendly, but very excitable with a behsvbeha issues being worked on that are showing good progress.

FB_IMG_1508182565301.jpg FB_IMG_1519425088722.jpg

8. Almightyrastus

Looking at her face, I want to say Staffie crossed with Jack Russel. Would explain the energy and bouncing too. The colouring would work too with the white parts with brown.

9. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

My nephew's cat, Wizzie:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Almightyrastus and alfizzle like this.
  10. bionicgeekgrrl

bionicgeekgrrl Minimodder

She is I think too big for a Jack Russel, but there could be some in there from one generation.

My partner has sent off a DNA test, so we'll know for sure in a few weeks time. I'm still thinking Tazmanian Devil and Pogo Stick mind ;)

11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

We should take bets, I reckon a collie cross :)

12. Almightyrastus

/*edit*/ Ok, so the little guy has just been to the vet for his first set of shots and it appears that he is a she, so time for a name change, meet little Youki. Named after the seal/dog beasties in the Syberia games. Hopefully she is a little smarter than those are but just as lovable.

New arrival to the family:

[​IMG]

This is Totoro, he's just over 9 weeks old and a Siberian-Ragamuffin cross. He's still very tiny but boy, can he shout. He has one of the most piercing squeaks that I have ever heard. We picked him up yesterday on a 250 mile round trip from Nottingham to Preston. We have two other cats as well, one just over a year old and the other just over two, neither of whom are entirely sure what to make of the new little guy. I'm sure that they will be fine after a week or so, they both grew up in the Nottingham Kitty Cafe so are very sociable cats who are used to other cats and kittens being around.

I have to say that sure, it is nice having a very small kitten, he is all sorts of cute, but I am looking forward to him being a little more self-sufficient like the other two are now. One thing's for sure, he's going to be the biggest of the three, given his lineage and the size of his dad.

Last edited: 14 May 2018
    Pliqu3011 and samkiller42 like this.
  13. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

How dare you heartless savages let this thread die.
    This is Forest. Almost hit her on the way home from work driving through a forest one cold Saturday morning in November. So got out, picked her up and the rest is history, as they say. She's around six months old now and soooo affectionate. And she owns my laptop, apparently.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The_Crapman and Pliqu3011 like this.
  14. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

No pictures from me, mainly because the cat is currently living under our bed and refusing to come out for anything other than a quick bite or to use the litter tray. The reason for this is that she's just back from the vets yesterday after having one of her upper canines out, and is not a happy camper at all :(

And we're not happy either as we have to try and persuade/trick her into taking antibiotics twice a day, plus some pain relief. She hates pills and has an amazing ability to spit them out (even when using the pill introducer), plus we don't want to be too forceful as she's got a hefty number of stitches in her mouth right now. Oh, and the pain relief is actually Tramadol :eek:

But the very, very worst thing of all is that we've been asked by the vet to collect a urine sample from her o_O

15. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

A trick that usually works for me is to grab them by the back of the neck, like their mother would. They tend to be a lot calmer then. Raise her up slightly so front paws off the floor. This gives them less traction should she try to do a runner. Then pop pill in mouth and rub her throat gently to induce swallowing.

As for the pee sample, line an empty litter tray with plastic and poke a few holes in it, then add NON clumping litter. Wait for her to urinate then empty litter. The pee should leak through the holes and pool a bit in the bottom of the litter tray.

16. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

@Nealieboyee , believe me, we have tried absolutely everything with this cat over the years to get her to take pills. She's some sort of feline genius when it comes to not swallowing them - even the vet really struggles to get her to take pills.

The urine sample is relatively straightforward, however: we have been given some special pee-collecting plastic litter, so we just empty the tray, put this stuff in and then transfer some of it into a sample tube when she's done her business. Sounds straightforward enough... we'll see!

17. Almightyrastus

Oh wow, I didn't realise that I hadn't posted a follow-up from my post above.

Well that little boy turned out to be a little girl and as such, my wife decided on a name change from Totoro to Kiki (yup, ever the Ghibli fan...). She has grown up somewhat and has just turned a year old and grown to be a good chunk over 5kg in weight...

[​IMG]

She has developed into such a sweet girl, if a little demanding when it comes to the tummy rubs. She has zero fear of anything (the Siberian Forest Cat half of her is responsible for that), and also doesn't have much sense of personal space, as she will quite happily just sit on one of the other two if she wants to curl up where they are right now. She is also not easy to move is she doesn't want to be as the other half of her mixture is Ragdoll and they just go flop, it's like trying to pick up an underfilled bag of jelly with the ultimate level of passive resistance being shown.

18. Almightyrastus

Hi everyone, meet Sophie. Half Bengal, half "domestic shorthair" (tabby moggy), and all attitude at the moment, well when she isn't cuddled up asleep...

[​IMG]

Miss Kiki has turned into momma Kiki with her:

[​IMG]

And, here's all 4 now:

[​IMG]

19. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

This is my little Corgi. She's about 8 months old now. :)

Apparently she finds my clothes comforting...

She's so entertaining to watch. Such a lovely little creature. :D

[​IMG]

Goatee and MLyons like this.
  20. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

DevDoge approved 11/10 doggo

TheMadDutchDude likes this.