1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Tea's ready but only for those who refrain from any sort of rubbage.

2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Wasps... big wasps.

3. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

@Mister_Tad

I don't want to get into any sort of multi-quote shitfest, mainly because this forum software is absolutely diabolical at nested quotes, so things get messy very quickly, but I can try to expand on what I've posted if that helps to clear the air somewhat.

I do understand why someone might take exception to V-T's original post, but I didn't think that anyone seriously had, and when I replied to RedFlames post he hadn't edited it to add in a safety wink - if I'd seen that then I would have just let the whole thing go, to be honest. When I replied "The planet of someone who has anxiety about having enough money to cover their outgoings?" the operative word was "anxiety" - not in the sense of "a general concern about balancing the books" but in terms of a medical condition, and I based that on V-T's own posts about his MH over the years. He's specifically said before that he suffers from anxiety when he doesn't have a financial safety net. In fact, the entire post, of which you only quoted the first sentence, was "The planet of someone who has anxiety about having enough money to cover their outgoings? Again, based on what I remember of V-T's situation, so if this isn't accurate then I apologise."

So there wasn't anything flippant about my reply, and in fact it was intended to gently remind RF that V-T has issues that should be taken into context when questioning his financial situation and how he feels about it. Now, that doesn't mean that others can't question him about it, but in the interests of Not Being Arseholes™ it would be good for people to remember that certain others have issues that deserve a bit of additional consideration, and even care. Everyone has issues, and most people keep them to themselves, but V-T has been open and honest on here and I think that with that knowledge being out there, people should try to respect it.

You've seemingly picked my comment up in the general sense and made your own comment accordingly. Because we were talking about two different things but using the same language, there's been some confusion and I have taken exception to what I have perceived as a rather flippant and glib attitude to MH problems. It appears that this is not the case, so I apologise, although I had hoped that our back-and-forth might have given an indication that for the purposes of our discussion, I wasn't concerned with the general case but was talking specifically about V-T's anxiety as a medical condition.

Anyway, I'd just like to apologise to V-T if all of this dissection of his financial situation and mental health causes any offence or hurt. That was absolutely not my intention, so I'm very sorry if that has been the case.

Arboreal and Mister_Tad like this.
  4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Have you been sent to Coventry?

adidan likes this.
  5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Forgot to buy more vodka at Tesco's which was clearly a mistake after seeing this thread

Safety smiley: :winking:

Hex, adidan and The_Crapman like this.
  6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

That makes more sense, appreciate it. Simple misinterpretation.

It's almost as if an internet forum isn't ideal for this sort of carry-on.

I'd agree with you on almost all of it having cleared that up, buy I do think there's a version of Not Being Assholes™ that isn't also Tiptoeing Around The Bleeding Obvious™ FWIW. V-T is still a grown up and wouldn't have been kicking about the interwebs for this long if he couldn't take a bit of schtick.

7. The_Crapman

Oh I give him a good branch on the regular. Surprised he hasn't recommended we all buy a Vega 56 to calm ourselves with it's superior price: performance ratio (waits for triggering in 3, 2.....) :worried:

And remember
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 14 May 2019
  8. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

He did... and I did. :p

adidan likes this.
  9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Have shot a few pms back and forth. It's all good. I really don't mind tbh. As I said in pm, once you take a whole box of sleeping pills wanting to die something kinda happens where you really just don't care anymore about what people think of you and all of that nonsensical kinda stuff.

If anything that has woken me up, and life is now slightly easier because of it.

Just try and remember that problems are problems to someone else. They're real and they can be consuming.

That's why I don't comment about what other people buy or do negatively, cause really it ain't none of my business.

Mister_Tad and The_Crapman like this.
  10. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

MOT on Friday, If it fails I'm having a bonfire

bring marshmallows and gin.

11. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I'm busy with home DIY and just doing stuff with the family etc, my dad rings, he's got to work away for 2 weeks, will I do the car work on my sisters car so it can get MOT retest asap...... the fail list was epic!!! Oh nice one, love my sister but her and her fella are lazy AF and don't worry about normal things like car maintance until it's crumbling.....my dad's an retired mechanic and I'm handy! Why is it left so long!!

Mrs ain't happy so will probably have to spend the little money I'll earn on making it up to her! Yay me

12. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

NATWEST YOU USELESS *****.

[still not been paid... they said 28 days... that was friday just gone... tomorrow will be 28 days + the 3 bank holidays... if i'm still not paid... or if i go overdrawn because of this, i'm smashing **** up...]

13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Just go into the local branch when they're busy (pension day?) & begin complaining LOUDLY to whichever staffer you can find.

14. RedFlames

[​IMG]

My 'local branch' is... i'm not actually sure any more...

goldstar0011 and The_Crapman like this.
  15. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Basically this, make a big fuss in public. They don't like it up 'em!

16. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Twitter is always a nice public forum...

17. The_Crapman

They have closed an absolute shed load of branches. They just expect the post office to pick up the slack for deposits and withdrawals, then force everything else online or phone, with fresh faced call centre folk who are too busy gossiping and shagging each other to care about your problems.

Have you had your complaint escalated yet? See if you can find their complaints procedure and force them through it at a pace till you get to someone who can do something.

18. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This is my preferred way of getting stuff done with naff companies.

19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Yeah, that's a problem.

My mum had problems with them too, didn't get sorted out until she managed to finally see someone in a branch. Ended up with compensation though.

20. RedFlames

A not totally inaccurate portrayal of how the phone conversation with natwest went...

Mister_Tad and adidan like this.